What are the chances the NI information is wrong on an item?

Sneeze

Silver Member
I've just had a prawn wonton soup from Costco which is basically wonton broth with 4 little wontons in it.

The NI says in 145g there is 31calories and 0.2 saturated fat. I just don't think this can be right? :confused: I've asked a couple of colleagues in case I was reading it wrong but they've all come out with the same thing. It means the soup is only a half a point for each bowl which is about the size of a large mug which seems a tad unrealistic considering there's prawns and wonton coating on them...

was there only 145g of it or was that for half? i know prawns arent high so its believeable for me :)

No there was 145g in the whole thing (its a small plastic bowl) and the NI was something like 22 calories/0.1 sat fat for 100g so I'm evening out.

Sounds about right to me, if it was a stocky broth rather than a thick soupy thing. Chicken Noodle soup, you can get lots of that for 0.5pts, and there's pasta/noodles in that.
Prawns are ace points-wise, really low, I think its 8 king prawns for only 1/2 a point.

Was it good? :D

Sounds about right to me, if it was a stocky broth rather than a thick soupy thing. Chicken Noodle soup, you can get lots of that for 0.5pts, and there's pasta/noodles in that.
Prawns are ace points-wise, really low, I think its 8 king prawns for only 1/2 a point.

Was it good? :D

Was amazing. :D Any of you with a local Costco I'd definitely recommend looking for them in the freezer section. 4/6 little black bowls of soup for like £4. Bargin. :)

Might have to pop to Costco and try them out!! its always nice to have something diff!!

Do be aware they're very garlicy though - wouldn't want to have a client meeting after eating one lol.

Back