What are we eating today?

Enjoy your lunch in town Jim. I have lunchtime meeting - boring!

B: exante shake
L: exante bar as in meeting
D: Grilled chicken with steamed veggies. Might put some cajun spice on the chicken.

I will sarah, we always go somewhere nice, last week was at Thai Edge, lovely food.

B: Oopsie roll with philly and ham, small bag of nuts
L: Fridge Raiders roast chicken bites with a tad of salad (I hate salad)
T: Gammon steak, egg, roast peppers and mushyrooms
Treat: half an induction freindly atkins bar

LOL

Those fridge raider bites are good and dead handy.

do you know what Jim, you are so right. They are the kind of snacks they sell on motorway shop shelves (including babybells) that I can grab on the go. Trouble is, they work out to be pricey

You can get a big pack of them in Tesco love, they're not a bad price then.

I will sarah, we always go somewhere nice, last week was at Thai Edge, lovely food.

Hmmm, Thai food. :jelous: I am looking forward to thai food again soon.

I hesitate to say it here but today was Lovely Fish and Chips.

:bolt:

day 2 atkins

Breakfast Atkins shake
lunch Atkins shake
dinner egg,lettuce,peppers & spring onions
supper 7 small chicken satay sticks
am i doing this right ?:confused:

Morning Vicki,what sort of carb level were the stay sticks? don't sound legal to me but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. I'd like to see more green leaf veggie in there as well.

B: Porridge and blackberries.
L: The veggie Cafe today I think, I fancy their 3 cheese and spinach melt.
D: Danish meat balls and steamed veggies.

Morning.

B: exante shake
L: exante soup
D: Prawns in chilli with spring cabbage and char grilled courgettes

question for jim
yesterdays meals day 1
breakfast atkins shake
lunch atkins shake
dinner 2 boiled eggs salad with mayonnaise,lettuce spring onions half a pepper
supper 7 small chicken satay sticks
am I doing this right jim, i find it really hard to lose weight which is driving me mad, have cut out fizzy drinks,tea and coffee, drinking loads of water, how quickly will i see the pounds fall off, my birthday party on may 16th,want to have lost half a stone at least by then, is it possible . cheers a very desperate vickicat

Hi Vicki, yes it is possible to loose a half stone by then love, but you'll have to be very strict on induction.

1. Are you getting in 3 mugs of green salad veggies a day.
2. Satay is a processed meat, it's better to stay with unprocessed food. I'd have a chicken breast instead love, with the skin left on.

Try and get more variety in with your veggies, have a look at the post I made in the stickies, that lists the allowable induction veggies and more variety makes it easier to stay on a plan.

Hi Jim

Do you have a blog my husband and I can take a look at?
I probably only live around the corner from you......Wylde Green but we are struggling big time and I keep looking at your pics and even though he would be upset if I said it to his face but by my husband looks like you in your pre Atkins picture and we really need help!!
I know our main problem is too much alcohol but my husbands job is dodgy at the mo and I am terrified that he is drinking himself into an early grave - he has a very high powered job and drinking alcohol is the only way he can relax, he thinks he can still drink his G and T whilst on the Atkins!
Any help would be greatly appreciated as you before and after photos are truly inspirational - can he still have his G and T and still lose weight???
Sorry to off load on you but he worries me so much

Caroline, I'll PM you.

B: Poached eggs on toasted brown wholemeal.
L: That'll be the Cafe' as usual.
D: It's Friday so it's the Horse and Jockey and a Donner and salad.

I've drank all the way through, at first it was one per day (drank so much before that it would have been dangerous to stop completely) anyways, over easter I have crept up, and this has stalled me. I've cut down again this week and lost a little, but know the only way to lose regular 2lbs is to stop drinking :-(

.....knocks on door, sneaks in sheepishly..... Hi Jim! and all

well had loads of things to deal with, personal, but am ok now, started beginning of week and I would love to join in again.

B scrambled egg with ham, cheese
L low carb sero bar
D Beef stir fry with cabbage & leek mix, courgettes,mushrooms,
peppers,mange tout

B - smoked salmon + scrambled egg.

D - fish - batter removed, and some peas.

T - chicken curry, low carb, with "caulirice" - which is actually ok once you mix it with sauce.

4 weeks, and 18 pounds gone :)

Good morning. I'm on strict induction for a couple of days after my weekend excesses at the Rugby. Why is it impossible to find decent food these days, it's nall carbs!

B: Sausage and scrambled eggs.
L: I'be bought in a couple of pork chops and a green salad.
D: Lamb Curry.

I have a funeral this afternoon so I'm not sure when I'll be back for dinner, probably late as it's in Wrexham.

B mozarella omelette
L lamb chops
D more lamb chops!

Back