What are we eating today?

I've only had it dried as biltong, not as a burger. They used to do stuff like that in tesco, years ago. And kangaroo steaks.

I've had Kangeroo steaks as well. very nice.

There used to be an ostrich farm in the fields near where I lived. It was weird watching them run around the paddock!

They are pretty thick Jar, hardly any brain at all.

oops, I think his mum wants a word with me
ostrich_head.jpg

Jaysus, I never realised they had teeth!!! Scary stuff!

Morning all

The tilapia wasn't very good, I like my fish to be firm and large flakes, this was quite soft.

B: Sausage and eggs.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: Beef Casserole in the slow cooker.

Morning Jim, morning all.

b - bacon & eggs
l - chicken mayo & green salad
d - grilled pork loin with sage & garlic pepper, buttered cabbage, broccoli

My dad gave me some shallots from his allotment at the weekend, and I roasted them whole in a roasting dish underneath a rack with some chicken thighs which I'd smeared with garlic butter, so the chicken fat and butter dripped down onto the shallots during cooking. And my god they was GAWJUS, lovely and soft and sweet on the inside and slightly charred and crispy on the outside and YUMMY. I'm doing the same thing again this weekend.

now that sounds nice, I've never tried to roast shallots love.

Morning all

B: left over Beef Casserole in red wine sauce.
L: I'm on the road today so not sure.
D: Something with pork mince, probably my Mum's danish meat balls.

I really like that cabbage and leek from Tesco. :D

I'm roasting a chicken for dinner. Stuffed the cavity with half an onion, a lemon, some rosemary, tangerine sage and a couple of garlic cloves. Squeezed some of the lemon juice over the bird before putting them in the cavity, bit of oil, salt and pepper on the skin. Smells gorgeous and should be ready in about 45 minutes! Going to have it with a salad. Yum!

b - smoked sausage & scrambled eggs
l - chicken [STRIKE]mayo[/STRIKE] salad (just realised I left my mayo at home, grrr)
d - grilled smoked mackerel strips & steamed veggies

Yesterday:

B: Omelete made with salmon with a dollop of cream cheese
L: Boiled egg and chicken.
D:Chicken and mushrooms
Dessert : sugar free jelly and a little cream

Today so far
B: Egg and bacon

Morning all, well afternoon actually.

B: left over meat loaf from last night, made that instead of the meat balls. I used a little xyanthum as a thickener, worked fine.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: Not sure really, *SHE* is cooking and I don't know what we are having.

B cheese omelette
L 2 peperami, two slices beef, a gherkin, and some prawns with prawn dressing
D 3 pork chops

Good Morning!

B: Some cold chicken breast from last night, shredded and mixed with Mayo and chives.
L: I'm going to the Veggie Cafe today, see what they have.
D TFIF! First the pub and then a donner and salad in a tray.

Morning Jim, you sound chipper.

b - smoked sausage omelette
l - tuna salad, stick of M&S double gloucester (they do a good range of pick 'n' mix snack size cheeses)
d - takeaway, either chicken foo yung or 2 chicken breasts from the chippy with salad

well it is friday LM. :D

Back