What are we eating today?

Good Morning, it's peeing it down here in Birmingham today.

B: Porridge and berries.
L: I'm meeting Colleen for lunch today.
D: Lamb curry from my recipe.

Morning all, how is everyone!?

So day 3 and still feeling better less bloated!

B: bacon, 1 egg and 4 hot dog sausages (3.6g total for sausages)
L: boiled egg, ham and spinach with a SF Jelly
D: Salmon cooked in garlic butter with wilted spinach, steamed broccoli

I'm fine CS, nothing new there, I'm llways happy since I started this WOL as our cousins say

Hi, had fried eggs for brekky and am having a pub lunch with a friend. Any suggestions please?

Also, I opened a new pot of cream today but it curdled every time I tried it in a coffee. It's still in date but does this mean I shouldn't use it?

I usually have the mixed grill and leave the chips Jar.

ok, thanks Jim.

The lass I'm going to lunch with is teeny tiny and eats like a horse! I think the pub has a very limited menu and it's all microwaved. I wondered if I should opt for a bowl of chilli without the rice?

You could always go for a ploughmans lunch if they have one - loads of cheese and ham -yum!

Or a salad sometimes. Or as Jim says get a steak, chicken, pork chop, mixed grill. In pubs thye usually come with loads of veggies or salad and just leave the chips.

Chill has beans in it Jar, that's a no no for the moment.

Hi, had fried eggs for brekky and am having a pub lunch with a friend. Any suggestions please?

Also, I opened a new pot of cream today but it curdled every time I tried it in a coffee. It's still in date but does this mean I shouldn't use it?

Re. the cream, I only learned this trick recently. Make up a black coffee with off-the-boil water, stir vigorously and then leave it to cool with the teaspoon in. After a minute or two, add the cream by pouring it over the back of the hot teaspoon. The cream 'curdles' when it is cold and it hits very hot water - this method cools the coffee and also warms the cream before it goes in. Apparently this also works with soya milk which can curdle in hot drinks.

Hope there was something on the menu you could have!

Just got back from the pub! Had 2 vods with tonic then went onto the bottled water. The menu was rubbish - all sandwiches, baguettes and jacket potatoes. and everything came with chips! The breakfast wasn't up to much and I wasn't that hungry so went for tuna salad - at least I got some veggies in!

Good for you Vicky, that's unusual for a pub, these days most have fairly OK menu's don't they love.

Good morning!

B: left over lamb curry, it was yummy!
L: The cafe as usual
D: I'm hoping for cod fillets pan fried in garlic and butter with steamed chinese veggies.

Hi LM :wavey: It's a beautiful day here.

Morning morning morning, got stacks of work on today so
day 4:
Brunch: sausage (trying the asda chipolatas) bacon, egg, half a tomato, mushrooms < yum
Snack: SF jelly and some chorizo (low carb count)
Dinner: mousakka from the atkins cook book

LOL, me too LM. I'll go for a walk along the canal at lunchtime I think, haven't been and fed the waterfowl for a while now.

LOL, we have one on the last Friday of the month, it was peeing down last time. LOL

I really need to start eating properly. At the moment I am grazing all day, and not eating proper meals.

B 3 boiled eggs
L slice of corned beef, handful of nuts, peperami, bit of chicken
D salmon fillets with courgettes

Back