What are we eating today?

MM, love biltong but can only get beef. They have it in my corner shop - v expensive, £2 for a small bag it's made by Cruga.

Morning Jar, in your corner shop? I must go and have a look in ours.

B: Left over sos, chops and a small steak from the BBQ yesterday.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: We still have some stuff left from the BBQ, might finish that off with some steamed veggies or a spinach salad, depending on whether it is warm again tonight.

I get on well with my corner shop people - maybe if you ask yours they can get some biltong for you. I'm wondering if you can get some from the butchers....

Cheese and olives for breakfast, probably sausages for lunch and roasted veggies for tea.

Went to the harvester with a couple of mates yesterday and got a huge rack of ribs - I'd told my friends I was on a diet - it didn't look like they believed me!

Good morning

B: porridge and strawberries.
L: Not sure, the car is in for service today, so I may just take a walk to the local shops and see what is available.
D: My Mothers Danish meatball recipe with broccoli cheese.

Got my shopping being delivered soon so depends what I fancy.
probably fridge raiders for breakfast
either omelette or salad for lunch
Might have roast chicken and roast veg in tapenade for dinner

LOL

Fridge raiders for breakfast, I love low carb :D

b - sossies & scrambled egg
l - chicken mayo salad & cheese sticks
d - leftover beef stew with cauli mash (it's always much nicer heated up the next day!)

Hmm, still have a bit of acid reflux even though I've deffo had my pill for it this morning. Maybe it's something in the sossies that causes it? I really hope not, I love my sossies!

Hi Everyone
Just wondering if anyone knows if the skin on KFC CHICKEN is allowed on atkins
had some today but dont know what the carb count would be, it was too nice to take off .....so delicious !!!!!!!

Michelle:eek:

Just found a website there that has the carb count of fast food restaurants kfc chicken breast 7g net carbs each.....was so worth it though!!!!

Morning all, yes it's high carb and all in the skin, makes you wonder how much sugar and salt they marinade them in.

B: left over meat balls fried up with some onion and eggs.
L: I'm meeting Colleen for lunch today.
D: Pan fried monk fish in garlic butter and steamed Kale and Cabbage and leek.

b - bacon & eggs
l - chicken salad
d - remains of the beef stew with some steamed cabbage

Acid reflux has cleared up, perhaps it was the sossies... :( The Debbie & Andrews ones have some balsamic vinegar which may be the culprit, I may experiment with a few different brands and see if they all have the same effect.

I spoke too soon - reflux is back. I may have to speak to my doc about upping my daily dose of lansoprazole. I used to be on 30g when it was really bad, but have been fine on 15g for a few years now.

It's weird, I haven't changed my diet at all. Maybe it's related to stress...

Ooo could be LM. Thankfully it's not something i've suffered with but my mum gets it n is on omeprazole from docs for it n she's ok now i think. The odd rennie tends to cure the odd time i get anything.

Hope you soon get it sorted mrs x

I'm a bit puzzled by this LM, I haven't had a problem since I started Atkins, and my IBS has vanished as well love.

I've had it since I had radiotherapy on my chest 4 yrs ago Jim, I suspect that the radiation damaged a valve although I could be talking out of my a** there! At first the docs reckoned it was a side effect of the steroids but I've been off those for years now and if I stop taking my lansoprazole or miss a dose the reflux still comes rushing back. No one has ever explained it to me or come up with a reason, they just say keep taking the pills.

I think I forgot my pill on Monday but I would expect that to be righted by now, they work pretty quickly. I'll give it until the weekend and then maybe see if I can get an appt with the doc.

Hmm, ah well if it's damage, can't they op to fix it?

I've decided to seriously limit the atkins bar, as I was having one every day for brekkie. So yesterday was:

B: 2 Debbie and Andrew herb Sausages with cabbage, mushrooms and bacon lardons.

S: egg mayo.

L: Low carb tortilla wrap with cajun chicken, lettuce, red pepper and mayo.

D: 2 small pork loin chops with cabbage, mushrooms and bacon.

S: Jelly and cream with half an Atkins choccie bar cut into tiny pieces and mixed in.

Back