What are we eating today?

I like that breakfast, yummy.

Good Morning

B: poached eggs on brown toasted wholemeal.
L: I might see if I can find a Càfe doing a fish special today, I really enjoyed my fish last night.
D: Something with lamb mince.

I like to pile my bol up on top of a large grilled portobello mushroom, Laura. Then plenty of parmesan on top. Haven't done that for ages, but this weekend I'm hankering after steak after reading Hooya's thread...

b - bacon & eggs
l - tuna salad
d - grilled mackerel & steamed broccoli & cabbage

LOL, I like steak as well, but I get ashamed of buying it when I see the cost. :sigh:

Hmm, ah well if it's damage, can't they op to fix it?

God I'm sorry Jim I've just realised I completely forgot to reply to this! How rude.

I might well ask at my next check up (October) if they can do anything to find out the cause, but tbh I'd be happier taking the pills for the rest of my life than having an op! (Strange coincidence but my boss is on the same pills and says he's been told he'll be on them 'for life'.)

But as of today, the reflux is gone. HURRAH! :)

ah, good news then LM, and I bet atkins is helping a lot as well then love.

ah, I forgot to post what I'm eating today, it's an age thing ;)

B: left over lamb meat loaf from last night and some warmed up cabbage and leek also from last night.
L: That'll be the Cáfe as usual.
D: TFIF! first the pub and then a donner and onion salad in a tray as is traditional. :D

ah, good news then LM, and I bet atkins is helping a lot as well then love.

Doesn't seem to make a difference with me Jim, although I think I did notice it having a general settling effect the first time around back in 2000.

b - ham & cheese omelette
l - tuna mayo & salad, cheddar with chive & onion
d - lamb shashlik, chicken tikka & salad

I think I've said this already but I haven't had acid reflux or IBS since about my 4th week on Atkins.

B: leftover roast chicken
L: leftover roast chicken salad!
D: hopefully a huge pile 'o' Doner meat and salad

I agree laura, you have to be careful with Donner meat. For me it's always been a Friday night treat.

No donner meat for me on friday. had voddy instead! Got home, was too tired and couldn't be bothered to eat to went to bed. Yesterday was a fry up for brunch and bbq for dinner.
today - no idea, but spag bol for dinner, I think. he'll have the spag, I'll probably have courgette ribbons.

Good Morning

B: Left over pork joint.
L: I have to go into town, so I'll take some fridge raiders with me.
D: Lamb Chops and steamed spinach, cabbage and leek.

Hmmm, am I the only one eating then?

B: porridge and berries.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: I had a conversation with Clarri yesterday about stew and stuff, reminded me of a casserole I used to make, so last night I got it all prepared, it's stewing beef (the cheaper the better) celery, fennel, courgettes tomato's bell pepper Garlic and aubergine. All roughly chunked, seasoned with salt and pepper, a rough handful of mixed herbs and a pint of guiness. I marinaded it over night last night, bought it to the boild this morning and then transferred it to the slow cooker. It smells heavenly. :D

Groo, not a fan of celery OR fennel here, but it's true there is nothing like the smell of a good slow cooker stew filling the house and greeting you as you get in from work...

b - mushroom & cheese omelette
l - chicken mayo & salad
d - grilled salmon fillets (YUM) with steamed broccoli, cauli & cabbage

Sos and eggs for brekky/brunch

i made a curry last night and even though OH doesn't usually have dinner i left him enough just in case. he did eat it and enjoyed it, which is kind of a shame cos i could have quite happily had it for breakfast! is that strange?

and Jim, the stew/casserole sounds lovely, might have to try that - am still on induction, what can i replace the guiness with?

a beef stock cube would do it Vicky.

It's not strange to have curry for breakfast either. LOL

Jim that stew sounds yummy! I've been wondering how i could do a stew in my slow cooker for a while now.. especially as i don't yet have any thickener.. I'd have to leave out the fennel though. Don't mind celery cooked though.. May get the ingredients later n make if for tomorrow.. :)

It's going to be yummy Claire, I can't wait to get home. LOL.

Morning all

B: Left over beef and Guiness casserole. absolutely lovely, touch to much tarragon Collen thought, but I loved it.
L: *SHE* is taking me out for lunch. :)
D: Lamb Curry tonight.

Back