What are we eating today?

I'm having one of those - everything in the fridge - casseroles tonight. I'm wondering whether to bulk it up with spring greens or to have them steamed on the side....Also think they will lose some colour if cooked in liquid.

They do lose a little colour Jar, but they do add goodness to the liquid.

Colleen and I went to woktastic in town for lunch, first time we've been there, parking was a little difficult but it was worth the effort. I had Miso soup as a starter and a lovely teryaki sirloin steak very nice indeed.

I'll have to go and see if I can find a link.

oh here we are

Woktastic Noodle & Sushi Bar Birmingham | Welcome

B a burger
L some left over lamb, some mixed nuts and my first ever choccy shake
D pork chops with lettuce

For breakfast a atkins meal replacement shake, lunch 2 sausage links and a piece of ham, snack - an atkins daybreak bar( I didn't like it too much was ok) and dinner probably hamburger with salad.. a light menu for today because I've been running around all day

Good Morning!

B: left over lamb curry with some fried onions. (I'll be popular at work today :) )
L: The veggie Cafe I think, I'm wanting that lovely 3 cheese and spinach melt.
D: Pork loin steaks in red wine sauce and steamed pak choi, bok choi and kale.

that lovely 3 cheese and spinach melt.

I've often wondered, what does this entail, Jim? (apart from cheese & spinach, obviously...!)

b - Black Farmer sossies & fried eggs
l - chicken mayo & salad
d - pork loin steaks with sage & garlic pepper, steamed veggies
sn - cheese & ham oopsie, pepparami

Hi LM

Basically, as far as I can determine, they put spinach and butter into a small oval pot, damned if I can remember what they are called now. They suspend this in hot water for a bit, then they slice the different cheeses on top, you have a choice of about 3 out of 6, then they put it under the grill until the cheese is melted.

AH! Ramekin that's it isn't it. LOL

Ah, sounds dead simple then, Jim - and delicious! How unusual for a cafe to do such an Atkins-friendly dish without serving it on pasta or with potatoes. Finding somewhere you can regularly (and legally) eat out can make this WOE so much easier, it can become a bit of a chore preparing every meal yourself and all that washing up...

When I first did Atkins I worked at a big publishing company and they had a subsidised staff canteen which was an absolute godsend. It was basically like a carvery, they had a different roast or two every day and you could help yourself to a selection of veggies, so obviously I would leave out the spuds & carrots. Cost me just under £3 a day, and then I would have just a small tea when I got in. There was also a salad bar option. How I miss having that luxury!

Staff canteens have gone out of fashion have't they LM. back in the '90's I worked for Kalamazoo and then Smith and Nephew, they both had subsidised staff canteens, unfortunately I wasn't on Atkins then so it was chips all the way. LOL.

B bacon omelette
L out with mum so probably a lump of sirloin :)
D pan fried sea bream with courgettes
sn peperami and handful of mixed nuts

hi all,

im new to atkins and am a little unsure on my food intake, have done lots of research and reading but still would like some advice please??? does todays menu seem ok for induction?

breakfast...2 rashers of bacon
2 eggs, fried in a little olive oil
1 half caff coffee made with 1oz single cream
500ml water.

500ml water

lunch...6oz salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, half tomato)
1 chicken breast, baked in foil.
2oz cheddar cheese
500ml water
1 half caff coffee made with 1oz single cream

500ml water

dinner...4oz veg (few bean sprouts, 1 savoy cabbage leaf,small piece of broccoli, small piece of cauliflower, small piece of courgette)
1 rasher bacon
1 chicken breast
splash of olive oil.....all put together as a stir fry.
500ml water
1 half caff coffee made with 1oz single cream.

500ml water sipped through out evening

does this seem right? wrong? any advice will be greatfully recieved :)

xxxx

Looks ok to me, so long as you're working out your carb count and it's 20g :) Toms are quite high - 4.5 each. Nice amount of water and good you're getting your vegs in too, well done

thanks claire :) i know toms r high, so i accounted for a small 1/4. does the carb count have to be 20g or can it be below? definately not over! lol. the portions iv allowed are from a book which claim to be 20g net carbs but i will check, just so i get used to counting carbs and knowing whats in what, thanks again xx

I'd say it's ok to be a bit under the 20g but it's always best to try to aim for roughly the limit :) Stops any possibility of feeling rubbish occurring.. You're off to a good start hun, well done

Looks good to me Sarah, I'd have done the frying with butter myself. :D

thanks all :) and jim yes that is a good idea as i bought butter yesterday, looked at it today and wondered what on earth i was gonna do with it lol so thanks, i shall do that :)

iv added up the carbs and it comes to 14.4, so a fair way off 20g so il work on that too ;) xxxx

Sarah, add another mug of chopped green salad leaves, that'll get you closer love.

Thanks jim, i shall do that :) x

Back