What are we eating today?

Morning all

B:
Image000_1-6.jpg

L: The Càfe as usual
D: TFIF! The pub and then a donner and salad.

morning jim, morning all :) x

LOL Jim, you and your BIG pictures! I like to imagine you're a giant.

b - Black Farmer sossies & 2 fried eggs
l - tuna salad, cheddar cheese stick
d - ??? Probably a takeaway, maybe two 1/4s of chicken from the chippy with salad from the fridge.

Jolly Green Giant LM? LMAO

I'm 6' 1" used to be 6' 11/2" sulk but that ageing for you, I'm shrinking, Noooooooooooooooooo

Morning sarah love.

MMMM well now Laura, that sounds like my kinda day. :D

for breakfast i just had the best bacon ever! cooked in butter, was really crispy and tasty. accompanied by 2 fried eggs cooked to jims recommendation, yum! i think lunch will be a cheese and egg salad and dinner.....i have no idea as yet, prob a chicken salad. i now have to try and clear the smike from the kitchen ....oops xxxx

LOL Sarah, don't you just love Atkins. :)

Hi Jim,

I'll be eating my foot if i dont hurry up and lose some weight, as you know i have been ccing for two weeks and stayed the bloody same Grrr!!:cry:My bloods came back to show i had a bacterial infection, just finishing my antibiotics, god I am fed up mate:(

Jot are you going to come back to us once you're all mended then love?? At least you'll be able to give it a fresh shot knowing you're fixed..

Jeez Jo, that's not good love. I'm really confused about that, 2 weeks CC and still nothing gone.

Hi gang,

Yes almost finished my antibiotics, but in the mean time I am still ccing but lowering my carbs, strange really looking back over the last couple of weeks I havent eaten that much veg!

B three fried eggs and a mushroom
L two lumps of salmon and a handful of rocket
D a lamb shank with brocolli

b - bacon & scrambled eggs
l - chicken mayo & salad
d - left over cottage pie - an adapted version of the IPD recipe, this was GAWJUS. Baking the cauli mash makes all the difference, dries it out properly so that it is a pretty good replica of potato mash. Will deffo be making this again, great autumnal comfort food.

Good Morning everyone, I'm late today, so many things to do as it's end of period and I have loads of sales reports to produce.

B: Porridge and berries.
L: The Cafe as usual
D: something with diced pork.

Silly me, Jim's already on holiday. Trouble with Bank Holidays is that I spend the rest of the week confused...

b - D&A sossies with 2 fried eggs
l - chicken mayo salad, smoked cheddar sticks
d - mozerella burgers, broc & cauli
sn - cheese & ham oopsie

Hmm, is that too much cheese...

Smoked salmon pieces with a tbsp of mayo
half a pack of crispy salad leaves
chicken breast pieces
quarter tub hummus
small amount of garlic cream cheese
2 good pork sausages(Lidl - only 1.5g carbs for the two)
rest of salad leaves
Cucumber
half a dozen strawberries
2tbsp double cream
Loads of water
3 cups green tea

Hi All,

You all seem like experts at the menu planning, I am new to Atkins and have allot to learn, I was wondering if any one had any breakfast ideas - I am always on the run in the morning so dont have time to cook up bacon and eggs etc, and i dont think I could stomach leftovers from the night before...does anyone have any quick breafast ideas?

Also where can I find carb info for Fruit, I love fruit but I am worrie about the sugars and have heard it's pertty much a no no on the atkins? ANy help much appreciated :)

Hi Trixi,

Personally I usually cook up a big load of bacon, sausages or whatever in one batch, sometimes in the evening/night before then keep it in the fridge and just reheat it in the mornings, so all I have to do is scramble some eggs at the same time. Only takes me about 5 mins most mornings.

You could also have cold cuts of any kind of meat (be careful with the processed stuff for sugar content, though) with a bit of cheese or maybe some hard boiled eggs kept in the fridge for a few days.

As far as fruit goes I think you're pretty much limited to berries and you shouldn't have them during the (min) 2 week Induction period - gradually introduce some as you move into Ongoing Weight Loss. I'm not much of a fruit eater so the book will have more on this when you get it or our resident strawberry fiend Claire will know more...

HTH

Back