What are we eating today?

Thanks again guys...you are a helpful bunch! Oh no I have made a right boo boo I have been eating grapes! whoops!

I guess I wont be able to start this properly until I get the books. For my lunch today I had A plain chicken breast, with a handful of lettuce, 3 cherry toms, 4 slices of cucumber, 1 boiled egg and a large teaspoon size of mayo? Is this suitable?

Thanks again

Morning all.

B: Had a late meal on the plane last night so I wasn't really hungry this morning, 2 baby bells.
L: Not sure yet, the Cafe but something legal, need to shed those holiday pounds.
D: I got stewing steak out of the freezer, not sure what I'm going to do wioth that yet.

Helpful isn't it. LOL.

Good Morning all

B: Porridge and Blueberries.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: Probably left over beef joint from yesterday with steamed veggies.

Im having;

B - one egg and two rashers
L - ham salad
D - monkfish with thai green curry (if cocunut milk is allowed??)

There is a bug doing the rounds I've heard Laura.

Morning all

B: I minced the left over beef joint up last night and made some rissoles, there was enough left over to have for breakfast.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: Roast Chicken and assorted veggies.

Jim, when you say you minced the beef, how did you do it? have you got one of those old worktop mincers or did you use a food processor? (apologies if I've asked you this before!)

We have an old cast iron mincer Vicky, LOL. I just minced the meat with a couple of onions and then stirred in a couple of eggs to bind it, made a sort of flat burger shaped rissole. They were OK, quite nice really, just added Worcester and salt and pepper to the mix.

OOh, been looking for one of those but can only get cheapo plastic ones. I don't trust them to last. Can't think of anything nicer than mincing up a sundays roast lamb and having proper shepherds pie! Will keep looking (Or ask my butcher)

B two salmon fillets
L two more salmon fillets
D please God, no more salmon fillets!

LOL AnnaMaria. One thing I would really miss if I switched to low fat would be salmon fillets. They are one of my absolute faves but even I don't want to eat them three times a day!

Have a luvverly holiday, Laura.

b - gross cheap bacon - never again - and eggs
l - tuna salad
d - 2 pork loin steaks & steamed veggies
sn - pepperami, bit of cheese

B: 2 boiled eggs
L: Mackeral and salad
D: Chicken breast and ratatouille
Snacks: - Peparami, ham(tiny bit), and an atkins bar

Good morning

B: poached eggs on brown toasted wholemeal.
L: I'm meeting Colleen for lunch.
D: Pan fried white fish with steamed spinach and kale.

Thanks for the link Jim, I'll have a look - I did find one for about £45 which is what I was after.

Today I'm having yesterdays chicken and bratwurst casserole for brekky - might add some flaxseed to bulk the sauce up.
lunch - pork ribs shredded into salad
Dinner - left over pork ribs with more salad, probably!

I so need to go shopping tomorrow! Can someone remind me which aisle I can find the xantham gum in please? Will be roasting some chicken legs at the weekend and the leftovers will be going in a casserole.

Hi Vicky, you'll find it in the weirdo "ethnic" section love. :)

Yay, first time I've tried that! Anyway, Jim, thats the grinder I was looking at.

That looks just like outs Vicky, and ours is ex Army and must be 50 years old. LOL.

Back