What are we eating today?

PMSL WW! & me :D
Dreaming will you come to my house? Your food looks lush :D

Of course, although my time is limited and this diet is expensive...you can pay me in pork chops ;)

Think i've got over that energy lull, although stepped on scale and it is showing a 1lb gain but im hoping that is because i came straight from a vlcd and not because Atkins isnt working for me:confused:

Anyways today,

B: Spinach and Mushroom Omlette
L: Leftover Chicken with Egg Salad
D: Roast Chicken with Lots of Lettuce and Rocket
S: s/f Jelly and Cream
+Cream for coffee

E: 45 min walk with the kids
W: 3.5 lt

B-buttered Mim
L-salmon, egg, letuce, cucumber
D-turkey, cauli rice, cabbage, courgette stir fry, cream cheese
S-daybreak bar
W-3l plus 1 tea, 2 coffees
E-clearing up building rubble and going to the dump (1 hour)

B - Atkins bar
L - end of celery soup and half a peppered smoked mackerel
D - basically a huge prawn cocktail with mayo+zero carb ketchup as my marie rose sauce + plenty of lettuce
S - three brazils, about half an oz of cheddar and 1oz goats cheese, few slices of chicken and roast lamb just out of the oven (for tomorrow) delish!
W - half a bottle of diet bitter lemon after my run, loads of water and coffees, one with cream
E - 4m run
A - 0 (work night)

Quak, your maintenance looks like my induction! Are you maintaining on that? What sort of carb count are you having daily?

And now I've seen this written down, I'm low on veg today - off to rustle up a few celery sticks or something. I find it really helpful writing everything down on this thread!

Yes I am maintaining on that, the yog alone is about 9 carbs cos I have half a tub at a time, not really counted the rest as it is quite low most of the time. I think I am one of those poor folk who cannot go too far up the ladder but to be honest am enjoying my food and sometimes I do have a higher day, maybe some oatbran porridge or oat biscuits to have with cheese or pate, and of course my wine at weekends..........oh and I do chuck in a few macadamias or soya beans for a crunch!

That's great to hear, thanks!

Good morning. :) I'm back to posted weight. :D

B: left over prawn curry and caulirice.
L:p The Carby Cafe today with Colleen. I'm going for the all day belly buster. 3 fried eggs, 3 x bacon, 3 x Sos, 3 x Black pudding beans and mushrooms with a pot of tea and toast. All for £5 :D
D: Not sure yet, Colleen got pork mince out so maybe my Mum's Danish meat balls.

Afternoon all

B - bacon and mushroom omelette, soya cappuccino (my local cafe has got me unsweetened soya milk specially ahhhh bless)
L - grazing style lunch today - roast pork chicken, red pepper, cheese and an Atkins bar
D - prob more roast pork with iceberg lettuce and garlic mushroom mayo

Enjoy :)

Wow Jim, you own this diet man! :eek:

B - Atkins bar
L - (on the run) two slices of very dry turkey breast and about 1oz cheddar
D - fried chicken, a little broccoli cauli and cabbage, side of lettuce with caesar dressing (my lifeblood) 1oz goats cheese for after
S - (will need these) celery and cucumber sticks and dip, few brazils, 1/4 of partner's supper Mim with hazelnut butter
D - water, diet bitter lemon, loads of decaf coffees - one with cream
A - 0 - work night, big no-no
E - 0 - last run before the biggie is tomorrow

Going away for the weekend, any tips on what I sould bring with me? We're actually staying in a hotel, so fried breakfast will be fine, and I'm sure I'll be able to find stuff on the dinner menu. Lunches are bothering me a little.

Good morning. :) I'm back to posted weight. :D

B: left over prawn curry and caulirice.
L:p The Carby Cafe today with Colleen. I'm going for the all day belly buster. 3 fried eggs, 3 x bacon, 3 x Sos, 3 x Black pudding beans and mushrooms with a pot of tea and toast. All for £5 :D
D: Not sure yet, Colleen got pork mince out so maybe my Mum's Danish meat balls.

WW is right you do own this diet!:)

Jim - well impressed with the fry up - yummy!

Wed 22/9 - Maint
B - ff greek yog with flaxmeal and splenda (opened the tub I had in the fridge and it was horrid, curdled and separated - took it back to Morrisons tonight and changed it- yukkkkkkkyyyyyy) had to pick up a tub from Tesco on way into work.
S - 10 macadamia nuts
L - tuna mayo with loads and loads of romaine lettuce and other salady bits
S - cheese cubes and silverskin onions
D - home made burgers wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves with a bit of brown sauce and cheese on top

W - usual 4 litres plus coffees (some with cream)
E - none, hopeless weather tonight did not encourage dog walking plus I had to go shopping after work too - hate shopping but the fridge was a bit empty
A - nah, not in mood.

Yuck on the curdled yoghurt Bren. Bleugh!
Reminds me of when I was trying to explain to someone who didn't know what clotted cream was. They had it in their head that it was cream that had all gone off and was all clotted up and slimy. Mmmm clotted cream, anything but. Yum!

Yesterday
B spinach and mushroom omlette
L chicken and goats cheese salad
D gammon rasher, fried egg and allowable veg

well the big news here is that we are moving house next week so I will be offline, busy packing etc.
But so excited to be moving, it means my 3 young children finally get a garden to play in and I get some more space to live. Big smiles all round:)

won't be around for a bit but good luck all round and I'll report soon with my progress.

Good morning from a damp and dank Birmingham. Yes, the fry up was lovely. :)

B: left over Danish meat balls and some fried onions.
L: The Carby Cafe today.
D: I've got a couple of bags of scallops out, so fried scallops and steamed kale, cabbage & leek.

Yuck on the curdled yoghurt Bren. Bleugh!
Reminds me of when I was trying to explain to someone who didn't know what clotted cream was. They had it in their head that it was cream that had all gone off and was all clotted up and slimy. Mmmm clotted cream, anything but. Yum!

Yesterday
B spinach and mushroom omlette
L chicken and goats cheese salad
D gammon rasher, fried egg and allowable veg

well the big news here is that we are moving house next week so I will be offline, busy packing etc.
But so excited to be moving, it means my 3 young children finally get a garden to play in and I get some more space to live. Big smiles all round:)

won't be around for a bit but good luck all round and I'll report soon with my progress.

Hope the move goes well :D good luck with the packing and YAY on getting a garden!
Bren xx

Thu 23/9 - Maint
B - ff greek yog, flaxmeal and splenda (not curdled this time thank goodness)
S - mushroom omelette with brown sauce
L - roast gammon with a piece of slicing pie (most of crust removed)
with loads of green salad and a cherry tomato
D - haddock, poached eggs and cauli/broccoli
S - small pot clotted cream

W - usual 4 litres plus coffees
E - 1.5 hours walk including a cloudburst lol
A - probably not - I will save myself for the weekend

Last edited:
Thx bren

Just tried to buy a tuna salad and they are loaded with carbs! Finally got one from M&S which has pasta and carrots in that I'm going to have to eat around.

Also heard this morning that my new contract finishes today! They are supposed to give a week's notice but I can't be bothered arguing the toss - but, as all my friends say, what a bunch of b*******s...(the CEO has hired a PR firm run by a mate, so I anticipated that this would happen).

So, am consoling myself (actually I'm not that bothered, got an interview on Tuesday) with an Atkins chocolate brownie bar :)

Susie x

PS - technical issue, how do you post other people's posts into your mail to respond to them, like you did with mine? My "Quote message in reply" button won't let me select it.

hey hon. oh thats bad news about your job :( hope you get something soon.
PS - technical issue, how do you post other people's posts into your mail to respond to them, like you did with mine? My "Quote message in reply" button won't let me select it.
just copy the bit you want, click on the speech box with writing in and past inbetween the quote bits ;)

Thx bren

Just tried to buy a tuna salad and they are loaded with carbs! Finally got one from M&S which has pasta and carrots in that I'm going to have to eat around.

Also heard this morning that my new contract finishes today! They are supposed to give a week's notice but I can't be bothered arguing the toss - but, as all my friends say, what a bunch of b*******s...(the CEO has hired a PR firm run by a mate, so I anticipated that this would happen).

So, am consoling myself (actually I'm not that bothered, got an interview on Tuesday) with an Atkins chocolate brownie bar :)

Susie x

works for me love

Back