What are we eating today?

Hi Nikki. Mims were a mystery to me too at the start but they're fab - there's a whole sticky thread up top there about flaxseed recipes, and they're really easy to make, and modify!

B - Atkins bar
S - 8 Brazils (yes I do count them)
L - Peppered mackerel, lettuce, caesar dressing
S - Quarter of a boursin cheese (oink!) slice of chicken, half a mim buttered
D - ribeye steak, shiratake noodles with a little thai red paste stirred in, mushrooms, more lettuce - bursting after that!
W - not enough today, loads of decaf coffee though, some with soya light milk
E - 0 - I can barely walk in a straight line today
A - 0 - work night

Morning all

B: Left over beef curry and some fried onions.
L: The Carby Cafe today.
D: Squash lasagne with steamed kale and Bok Choi.

Hi Nikki, welcome to the board.

Ah, A black pudding convert then Bren. LOL.

God, we love black pudding, but a bit too carby for us at the moment :(

You're on your own with the black pudding - euch!

Tuesday

B - slept in
L - big fry up - bacon and eggs, a Mim with cheese
D - Persian chicken

Am starting my slow cooker experiments today, will upload the successes onto the Recipes thread :eat:

Susie

Tues 28/9 - Maint
B - ff greek yog/flaxmeal/splenda
S - fridge raiders tikka flavour (not sure I like them really)
L - roast beef, loads of green salad and a couple of spoons of lc coleslaw
D - fish with hollandaise sauce (shop bought but v lcarb) cauli
W - usual 4 litres plus coffees
E - a walk, not sure how long for as going out retail therapy later on - about 40 mins in end.
A - retail therapy includes free wine - oops

Last edited:
Hello all!

Firstly - can anyone let me know the link to the recipes section so I can put the peanut butter/choc mousse there?

Ok - food today:

B - original MIM with butter(was ok - almost couldnt finish it! Going to try a savoury one tomorrow)
L - Chargrilled chicken with melted cheese and salad
D - Pork loin steak, grilled with lime juice, salad and toms
Snacks - milano salami, cheestring, choc peanut butter mousse - methinks I am addicted!)

Going to put the CPB Mousse below too:

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse:
150ml cream (single or double)
1 tsp Peanut butter (smooth) - carbs vary
2 tbsp Splenda
1 tbsp cocoa powder - carbs vary

Mix all in bowl until mousse textured and enjoy. I like mine a bit thicker so leave it to mox for a bit longer beyond this.

Makes 2 servings and keeps well for a couple of days in teh fridge if you want to make more- about 8 carbs/serving depending on type of peanut butter/cocoa. You can always omit one or the other for just chocolate mousse or PB mousse. Reminds me of a Reeses Peanut Butter cup - yummers!

Enjoy!!

Legend - thanks Susie!;)

What kind of stuff do you normally snack on? Trying to vary my snacks so I don't get bored. I'm currently loving cheestrings, babybels, salami, carrots and tzaziki, pumpkin seeds etc....

To be honest I don't really snack much - when I do, usually after dinner, it's likely to be a bag of pork crunch or if I need a sweet hit, I have a decaf coffee with cream and Splenda :)

But I'm trying to be quite strict with myself and sticking to Induction as much as possible, because I'll be doing it for a long time yet :)

Have just remembered, I've got some no carb peanut butter from the Low Carb Megastore, so will give the mousse a go tomorrow mmm.

Haven't been able to bring myself to use it up until now because the consistency and colour reminds me of baby poo :eek: (eww sorry folks) - and as it's loaded with fake sugars, the after effect might be similar! :D:D

But what the heck, I'll give anything a go :)

Susie

Is it really just a teaspoon of peanut butter in all that cream nikki? Seems very little, although I know it's flavoursome. :)

B - Atkins bar
S - 10 brazils (might have to cut this out, I'm keeping them in my desk drawer and eating them without thinking, while doing other things at work, prolly don't need them at all)
L - peppered mackerel, loadsalettuce, caesar dressing
D - roast chicken thigh, cabbage and leeks with cream and pepper sauce
S - half a mim, slices of chicken, quarter of a boursin cheese
W - 2L plus many coffees, one with cream
E - 0 - should be at running club now but legs still not functioning, might try something tomorrow
A - probably not, although off work tomorrow...;)

God, we love black pudding, but a bit too carby for us at the moment :(

Not sure if your local Asda stocks Halls products but they do a chicken Braemar which is chicken breast stuffed with slice of black pudding, only 3 carbs per serve (probably less if you don't use the peppercorn sauce).... Had it tonight very yummy!

Morning all.

B: Left over squash lasagne.
L: I'm meeting Colleen today, I'm hoping for a big fry up.
D: I've got some pork mince out, so Danish meatballs and steamed veggies or maybe a stir fry.

Black Pudding is King!

Hello!

With regards to the mousse, I only put 1tsp of pb in, but you can always use more. I just like it more chocolatey!

B - mim w/Italian seasoning and parmesan
L - crackers with ham and cheese
D - halloumi, chicken breast and salad
Snacks - babble, gherkins, mousse

As you can see, am trying hard to plan in advance...hehe

Have a good day!
Nik

Back