What are we eating today?

Nice to meet you Jim!

The tzaziki is just Mayo with garlic, cucumber and lemon juice. Easy peasy! Enjoy!

B - Atkins bar
L - chicken slices, lettuce with caesar dressing
D - same salmon as last night, loads more lettuce with caesar dressing, a little leftover chicken breast
S - for later - quarter of a boursin cheese, turkey or chicken slices, might stop brazil nuts now I'm on the October challenge, half a mim for supper
W - lots and lots of decaf coffee, mostly with light soya milk now
E - 0 - planning my first run since the biggie tomorrow - legs more or less back to normal!
A - deffo yes, probably 3-4 strict measures vodka with low cal bitter lemon. Did without alcohol for over two months on VLCD and it might have to go again if I don't start to lose some more weight soon. Not this weekend though! :p

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day - work are taking us out - for a "celebration" in a brewery - seriously, it is just round the corner from us, we are having a tour and tasting (don't really like beer thank goodness) but then pie, chips and peas to soak it up about 3pm. Am going to take some atkins stuff with me to eat during the morning and just before we set off and hope I am still too full to do much damage to my pie and chips................ah well, best laid plans and all that
Bren xx

Morning all

B: Porridge.
L: Probably not legal, we have a meeting and there'll be loads of finger food, always my downfall.
D: It's Friday, enough said. :D

I've just been to pick up the in-laws at 6am from airport, so it was nice to come home to two sausages, two bacon and a poached egg!

Morning all

B: Porridge.
L: Probably not legal, we have a meeting and there'll be loads of finger food, always my downfall.

Porridge - yum I miss it especially as the girls have started having it with the colder mornings!

lol Jim love it :D i know exaclty what you are going to say!

Flutter what about flax porridge love x

Morning all - and TGIF! :D

B - bacon and eggs (still loving it)
L - MiM ham, cream cheese and salad sandwich
D - pork belly - if I can figure out how to cook it - what does everyone else do?

E - 2 mile walk (unless the weather gets worse)

Susie

Silly question, the answer to which is probably somewhere within these 367 pages, but can anyone tell me what mim, or MiM, means? I'm currently working my way partly up the CD plans and then plan to swap to Atkins at 1200 cals, so am interested in all of your meal plans.
Thanks
Lesley

Hi Lesley and welcome

A MiM is "muffin in a minute", made from flax seed and low in carbs, so ideal for us - there's a whole sticky with lots of great recipes in the top section. Check it out.

I love a herb Mim that I microwave in a square plastic container, then slice in half and tada two pieces of "bread" for toasting.

Enjoy :)

Susie

Hiya Tinley! :wave_cry: There are a few of use here who are refugees from VLCDs too - I went from lipotrim to a kindof crossover lipotrim/Atkins couple of weeks, to Atkins induction recently, and have done very well - still losing slowly and really loving it.

Mims are a brilliant bread substitute. And I MUST find a flaxmeal porridge recipe - I need this stuff! Wonder if you could make it with light soya milk? Can you cook with that stuff?

B - fried egg
L - cheese and ham on the hoof
D - ribeye steak with veggies, and salad with caesar dressing
S - half a mim, more cheese maybe, celery sticks wih dip
W - lots, plus loadsa decaf with light soya milk
E - 8.2 mile run - legs were sore by the end
A - is the pope catholic? :D

Hiya Water

Just did a quick Google and found this if it's any good to you - off a NZ website, as a Kiwi Londonder I know they love flaxseed there - and their porridge! :)

Flaxseed porridge

3 tablespoon of ground flax seed
Add a good tsp of cinnamon and then hot boiled water (about 1/4 cup) until it becomes a bit stiff like porridge - but not too much as it goes a bit slimy.

Top with real cream.

Mmmm this sounds good, might try now! :D

Susie x

B-daybreak bar
L-tuna, egg, bacon salad
D-uh oh! My OH just text to ask me if we could go for a curry tonight. Have tried using the weather as an excuse but he's being persistent, a bit like the rain here!!

Oh yummmmmm to the porridge! :D

Thank you so much Susie - think I'll have that for supper tonight instead of my mim! I'll have to add sweetener though. And I want to cook it for some reason. Can you report any recommended tweaks back if you do make it please?

Kittie - just say no! Tell him to get takeaway, and sit and eat different meals together instead, with a nice glass of wine?

I should imagine that flaxmeal porridge would have some interesting after effects. :)

Will of course report back in great detail then - purely in the interests of science Jimbubbles! ;)

Why are you not in the pub?

Back