What are we eating today?

Afternoon All :D

B - ff greek yog with flaxmeal, flaxseed and splenda
L - rest of cabbage and casserole from last night, they made me go sit in the car to eat it though!
D - got some pork loin steaks out of the freezer, have a bag of watercress to use up - quick tea tonight as going to give blood around 7ish.
S - might make a mim to take with me for afterwards so I don't succumb to bourbon creams - 30 carbs for the 3 pack - arggggg

E - prob not have time tonight before I go and not wise afterwards
A - not wise at all
W - very wise, usual 4 litres plus coffees

lol love the alcohol not wise ;)

First day back on atkins :)

B. Sleep!
D. Scrambled egg with spinach, bacon n cheese
T. Beef stew with celeriac mash n cabbage in boiled n then buttered

D. 2 x coffee with cream n sweetner, SF squash

lol love the alcohol not wise ;)

The vampires had no coffee so had to have tea - blurgggg - so very nearly stopped in wetherspoons on way back for a good coffee (and a double Penderyn over ice) but decided against it - give my liver a rest till Friday :rolleyes:

Well done B - I haven't donated blood since before my first child was born, and I used to be so good - will put on ever-expanding list of things to get sorted!

B - one scrambled egg with hot chilli sauce
S - damn Atkins bar called to me at 10am from desk drawer
L - big chicken salad with caesar dressing
S - slices of chicken before running club
D - fried chicken and loads of mushrooms
W - mostly diet sprite and loads of coffees today
E - 4 mile run
A - 0 but roll on Friday!

morning!
yesterday i had:
Brunch - bacon, sausage, egg, mushrooms.
Dinner - shepherds pie with caulimash
S - pork scratchings
A -g n t
W - not enough!
E- turned out the junk room

Hello all - ok, had a bit of a naughty night last night and ate choccies, crisps and chips. Have been weighing myself in weekly for the last 5 weeks, and have lost only 6lbs, but nothing for the last 2 weeks. Which is great, but seeing the losses from some people, am wondering if I am doing something slightly wrong (other than last night - was a one-off and am chalking it down to experience). Have reached a bit of a standstill both weight wise and mentally - so think I just got really down in the dumps and had a blowout. Not good - and not going to happen like that again. Am still seeing a difference in the way my body and face look and my trousers aren't fitting anymore - in a good way of course!

Phew - anyhow - going to start again today. Can anyone see from my last menu posts if I am doing everything fairly correct or need to amend anything - am on Dr Charles Clark - so allowed up to 60 carbs per day (have been trying to do about 40). Just wanted to confess in a way - feel better now:)

Thanks for listening:eek:

Morning all

Day 3 of pre blowout induction, I haven't weighed yet but my belt is one hole tighter.

B: last of the left over curry from the weekend. It always tastes better when it's a couple of days old. :D
L: I'm meeting Colleen and we're going to the Veggie Cafe.
D: I got scallops out of the freezer, two packs of them so they'll be fried in butter and garlic with steamed spinach.

Hi Nikki, I can't really advise but I expect you are not losing as much because the plan you are on is much higher carbs than Atkins.

Thanks for the support guys, as I am on higher carbs than many on here - going to try to lower them a bit. Not giving up!

Sounds like your doing great on induction Jim. Your photos are amazing.

nikkinack - For a lot of people it works to just keep reducing carbs a bit at a time until you get used to it.

B- 2 quorn sausages (new recipe and really good) mustard
halloumi cheese fried in chili olive oil

L- egg mayo & salad

D- creamy pork mince & "rice" skillet (from Linda's low carb recipe site)

Last edited:
morning

B - bacon egg and mushies
L - corned beef and mayo salad (mixed leaves and cucumber) bacon bits
D - 2 lamb steaks, goats cheese grilled with some spinach and cabbage

s- maybe a babybel depends what time i get to eat lunch

w - 2-3 litres plus black coffee

I'm on first day of induction came over from dukan which i found too restrictive. Breakfast was a cheese and mushroom omelette, lunch is a ham salad and tea is chicken breasts stuffed with philly and bacon with cabbage does this sound ok ?

Morning all on this grotty day

B - missed it, cup of tea and water
L - omelette with rocket, spinach and watercress
D - spiced lamb pilaf and cabbage gratin
W - 2 litres (did it yesterday!)

Enjoy :)

Woohoo Coffee, go! You will find it great :)

I'm sure you've seen the menus that we post ("What are you eating today?") so you can see how well you can eat, especially on Induction. Denial doesn't feature here! :D

Susie

Afternoon all and welcome to the newbies - enjoy!
Wed 6/10 - Maint
B - usual ff greek yog with flaxmeal, flaxseed and splenda
L - corned beef and watercress
S - have 2 pork loin chops left from last night if I need em - ate 1 - keep 1 for tomorrow
D - whole chicken cooking away in the slow cooker, will let you know how it turns out. It turned out quite well really, very moist. Had it with broccoli. Made some gravy with Xanthen gum but used too much lol - it would have hung wallpaper :D :D :D

W - usual 4 litres plus coffees
E - 1.25 hours with dogbert then cleaned out fishtank
A - not till Friday

Last edited:
I'm on first day of induction came over from dukan which i found too restrictive. Breakfast was a cheese and mushroom omelette, lunch is a ham salad and tea is chicken breasts stuffed with philly and bacon with cabbage does this sound ok ?

Im recruiting ;)

Breakfast: 2 slices of weight with marmite, tea with skimmed milk and danone fat free yoghurt
Lunch: Salmon coated in egg and cous cous, brocolli and boiled potatoes
Dinner: Veg curry
Snack: Apple, muller light cheese cake yoghurt

Back