What are we eating today?

Well, you're not eating too much that's for sure.

I wonder if you are prone to stalls with cheese and cream, I am and so is Susie. She had a long stall and then cut out the cream and cheese and started losing again.

Maybe try and cut your cream and cheese out for a week and see if that helps (cutting cheese is an impossibility for me lol)and maybe the yog. also citric acid as bren mentioned in diet coke. check the bottle - and any vitamins you take may have citric acid too.
have you counted how many carbs you are having per day?

Morning all

B - up but not had a chance to eat
L - spinach omelette
D - spicy lamb mince and greens
W - 2 litres
E - still none
A - none

Marty - good advice above. I would cut the yoghurt (and flax?) and stick to meat and eggs for breakfast. As Jim said, I found that ANY cream held me up, and I now only have a tiny bit of cheese once or twice a week.

thanks folks.
i don't do fizzy drinks btw, but i do have a bit of diluting juice in the water, i'll try do the plain water instead, see if thats it.
cheese i think is ok for me, i was eating more of it before when i was losing.
tbh i've not counted exactly the amount of carbs, i suppose i should, but the very act of having to count will i know put me off. i'll do it for a day or so just to be sure, looks like its the only way!
i think some of my problem is my lack of routine, i work 12 and a half hour shifts, can go from day to night on a daily basis, then a couple at home, i do try to be consistent with eating times, but it can be difficult, as we dont have set break times, we take turns, and it can vary as much as 2 hrs from one day to the next

me again! (pest)
i did wonder about the flax, i have it for breakfast on my work days as i have to breakfast at either half 6 before i go, or wait until as late as half 10 to get a cooked breakfast, then i find i dont want lunch.
perhaps i should boil a couple of eggs to have in the morning instead?

yes boil a couple of eggs. or even make an omelette to bang in the micro. actually in fact make these
EGG AND SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS

Makes 12 muffins
(per muffin: 1g carb)

Great for on the go, make sure you use low carb sausages, you can also add sauteed mushrooms or onions to the mix.

These muffins can be frozen & reheated in the microwave.

455g sausages
12 large eggs
120ml whipping cream
120ml water
1/4tsp sea salt
170g grated cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180c. Coat a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Remove the sausage meat from the casings & crumble the meat into a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, stiring to break up the pieces, for 5 mins, or until browned. Divide meat evenly amoung the muffin cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water & salt. Pour over the sausages & top with cheese.

Bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs are cooked thru. Cool slightly & remove from the tins.

thats Linzs recipe make them with bacon and mushies too. In fact i think ill make some this afternoon :D

Love the sound of those muffins. Droool. :D

B - fried egg
L - celery soup, 2 slices corned beef, half a chicken breast
D - roast lamb and green veg with cheese sauce
S - 6 brazils, MiM with pate later
W - lots
E - 0 - totally fecked off with sore back now - I need a RUUUUUNNN!
A - might have a teeny quarter bottle of wine with The Apprentice - gets me in the mood :D

today:
B - non, not hungry
L - a burger thing (100%beef, 0 carbs) with a fried egg.
D - pork stirfried with courgettes, spring onions, leeks, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, cream for a sauce, bit of stilton strirred in.
sf jelly with marscapone
A - nil
W - about 7 cofees with soya milk
E - just a bit of outdoor tidying and cleaned out the chicken houses.

Evening all
Left work just after 1 today as snow was sooooooo bad at home there was every chance I would not get there, as it was had to abandon the car nearly a mile away, just hope it is ok :( whether I can get back to work tomorrow is a different matter.
But I used my time wisely, finished the tiling in the kitchen, only the grouting to do now! Oh and wrapped all the pressies I have bought so far, and written family cards, so not wasted my extra time today.

B - flaxmeal porridge with cream
S - oopsie with cheese, tom and ham
L - cauli, broccoli and corned beef hash
S - as oopsie above
D - chicken curry with mushrooms

W - probably not enough, loads of coffees though
E - walking from car after abandoning it, tiling.
A - might have an irish for bed

had any more snow overnight? hope you get your car back in one piece ok!

suzi, developed that one pan dinner when we where campin in september, used a different meat each night, our neighbours kept saying 'your dinner smells nice' :) it's just a big dollop of cream, goes a long way, OH likes his saucy stuff!

Morning all.

B: lamb chops and fried eggs.
L: Something Legal from the Carby Cafe.
D: I've got some diced beef out, so curry I hope.

Last night was not good or legal, due to the fact we were stuck over at Jack's I ended up getting us fish and chips. Ah well, can't be helped.

ah Jim what can you do at times like that xxxx
see my diary for what im eating cba to copy it lol.
p.s. Jim did you get on the scales?

Hi first time posting but have been getting great ideas from you all .I am on maintenance so this will be my day :D This is not as much as usual as i am snowed in here and sitting on my ass doing nothing .

B: Flaxseed muffin with cream cheese
L:Salad with chicken ,rocket,cherry tomatoes ,egg and cheese with lovely mayonnaise.
D: Is butter chicken which i made last night with some green veg yummy

Snacks will be jelly with cream when i am sitting watching tv tonight and if i feel like picking i have some peanuts .I will prob have some green and blacks 85% cocoa dark chocolate 4 squares also as i always pick when house bound .

Hello and good to see you post! Yup know what you mean I pick when I'm stuck at home and it's been over 9 days now!
How do you make your butter chicken sounds nice?

ah Jim what can you do at times like that xxxx
see my diary for what im eating cba to copy it lol.
p.s. Jim did you get on the scales?

Not for a week I don't think Vicky, my belt is a hole tighter and still a bit loose so I'm doing OK on pre party season induction I think.

Recipe i use for butter chicken

2 large chicken breasts
50grams of butter
4tablespoons of groundnut oil
1 onion
I red pepper
1 chopped chilli or a tsp chilli paste
1 clove of garlic
1 cinnamon stick
6 cloves
6 cardemon pods
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tin of tomatoes
1OOmls double cream ,single works fine
Chopped fresh coriander

1. Melt butter and groundnut oil together in a pan .When heated add the onions and pepper and sauté until golden
2. add the cardomen pods , cinnamon stick and cloves and saute for a few minutes .
3. then add tsp of chilli,garlic , ground coriander . coriander seeds,ground cumin and cumin seeds ,and mix well .
4. to the mix then add chopped chicken breasts and mix well .
5. add tin of chopped tomatoes to the mix and stir well .
6. Simmer the mixture together on the stove with the lid on for 10 minutes .
7. Remove the lid and simmer without the lid for 10 minutes .
8. Add in the 100mls of cream and chopped fresh coriander stir in well and simmer for another 10 minutes with the lid off .
9. serve with whatever you fancy cauliflour rice is yummy with it.

It sounds complicated but is very easy to make and i get 2 days out of it and its even better the second day .I add a small bit of cream again the second day as it can be a little dry .Enjoy if you decide to make:D

Back