What are we eating today?

Oh dear, it's like a confessional in here today.

Bless me father for I too have sinned, and on my first day! Opened wine just now to have with lovely early lamb dinner with children, as we're both back to work tomorrow and just wanted to, will split the bottle with OH, and then that's really really it for alcohol till the 21st at my work do. *draws another line in the sand* :D

What's my penance then? ;)

Susie I did of course spend half the morning on the loo - stupid stupid me. :(

James, fab loss in one day - nice work there!

ETA - I did a run this afternoon though - 6 miles, and it was great. Should get out with the club tomorrow night too if I get home from work in time (no idea what's waiting in there for me after almost 2 weeks off!)

Oh no Water, sorry to hear about the loo hun - but sometimes these things (eating lots of choc) just have to happen. Enjoy the wine!

No no no Susie, you're supposed to be laying a guilt-trip on me! If you're lovely like this then I'll never behave! xxx

Good on you for your walk today - how's the ankle holding up these days?

The ankle is getting much better thx hun, a bit sore after today, but that's to be expected as it's the first exercise I've been able to do for nearly two months :eek:

Right - back to it!
Tues 04.01.11 - Maint (once the excess crimbo weight has gone - which is the best part of 9lbs :eek::eek::eek:)
B - usual flaxmeal porridge with cream
S - sliced german sausage
L - 3 egg omelette with cheese and mattesons in it
S - tuna mayo and cucumber
D - large pork chop with savoy cabbage and butter

W - back to 3 litres thank goodness plus coffees
E - nope - back a bit sore - tried to pick something up yesterday that I should not have
A - not for a few days - must get back out of habit again.

Last edited:
B: yogurt
L: chicken salad
D: left over curry
S: fridge raiders
W: 2 litres
A: nope

Morning all, Strict induction here, 16 lbs to lose.

B: last of the Christmast gammon fried up with eggs and spinach.
L: Something legal from the Carby Cafe.
D: Lamb leg steaks with steamed Kale and cabbage 'n' leek

Morning all, Strict induction here, 16 lbs to lose.
woop glad its not just me Jim!!!!

B - bacon and mushroom egg muffin
L - pork and rocket salad maybe some mayo
D - roast aub and cheese
s - ?
w - lots and lots
ex - ?
a - no way!

Morning

B - eggs
L - pork belly and lettuce with mustard and mayo
D - more pork I think, with cabbage and leek
W - 2 litres (maybe, only just made two yesterday)
E - go for a walk
A - no

Mr Tesco is due today yaye!

how do you cook your pork belly? do you get the slices?

I fry mine Vicky, like chops and stuff.

Yes hun I get the slices, I pop them on an oven tray, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins or thereabouts, then smear with Dijon and put on a bed of lettuce or spinach (which sometimes has a squirt of mayo on it)

Thanks :) ive been frying mine too like Jim said but what a mess they make!

B: 2 sausages and an egg
L: just some cheese
D: Beef + pepper stir fry with broccoli and some spring onions
S: Sweets! - half bar of dark choc + a little bit of Thorntons toffee
A: 3/4 bottle of wine
W: Some
E: None

What's the deal with Thorntons diabetic choc? I had a look at the back of the bag of diabetic toffee and it said 55g-ish of carbs. Is there a particular type of diabetic choc you guys munch on?

Afternoon all,

Breakfast- woke up at midday anyway and couldn't face the thought of scrambled egg so moved straight onto lunch!
Lunch- Chicken with pepper
Dinner - not sure, probably egg omelette
Water - 2 litres today hopefully
Exercise - none today!

B: Atkins shake, supplements (quite like the choc shakes and the convenience of this plus the very low carbs leaves me a bit more to play with for lunch and dinner)
L: Atkins shake, 3 babybel chedders
S: 2x Quorn frankfurters
D: Some form of protein, green beans, mushrooms
S: Toasted flaked almonds

E: 3 mile walk (not looking forward to it)
W: 2L+

Got a reading of 'traces' on my ketostix this morning. Relieved to see i'm getting back into ketosis because it took forever last time I fell off the wagon :)

Hey J2, how did you manage over xmas? Did you stay strong?

Hey J2, how did you manage over xmas? Did you stay strong?

I fought it Christmas day and caved in boxing day! I think I then had 2.5 days back on it, went mad because the sticks weren't turning and was off it until Sunday. I'm back on the straight and narrow now though ;)

It's strange because I know I can do this now and I know i'm going to get there. Time just doesn't seem to go fast enough. That probably sounds stupid but i've been obese for about 12 years. I just want to feel what normality feels like!

Thanks for asking :D How did you do?

Back