What are we eating today?

B - Atkins shake
L - Pork chops in creamy mustard sauce,
sprouts, green beans
D - Prawns, mayo, green salad
W - Not enough! :eek:
E - None! :(
S - MIM

Well I survived a weekend and was good for the majority!!

B none
L Thai chicken salad mayo
My usual snacks in my handbag
Not sure on dinner tonight think it may be cheese veg and sausages

Water loads I feel so dehydrated
Maybe a coffee or two lol

James thanks for the info - I need to order those choc bars. ;)

No problem, I will try one today...strictly for research purposes I should add ;)

Yesterday was so hard with all that high carb food in the house. To be honest I nearly caved in. Had to go to bed at 8.30 to keep on track! Today i'm the only one in the house and this food is all in the fridge but luckily I seem to be over it.

B: Atkins shake, supplements
L: Bacon, mushrooms and eggs
S: Choco Perfection bar (I don't WANT to, but someone has to for the good of Minimins! ;) )
D: Pitta pizza and veg

W: 2L+
E: 30 mins treadmill

Made the pizza in the oven rather than on the grill yesterday. Put the pitta in on its own until crispy, put 20g of pizza sauce and a mix of chedder and mozzarella on and it amazingly came out like my favourite pizza from Dominos! Result ;)

morning :)
B - 3 x scrambled eggs with 15ml cream and 30g cheese and 3 crispy bacon strips
L - meatloaf with rocket, cucumber, avocado and curry mayo
D - hot hot hot chilli with steamed greens, a tortilla wrap, some cheese and sour cream
s - hope not
ex - if weather is still nice will take dogs out this evening
a - try not to
w - yes i must

Hi all, I'm new here and on my second day of Atkins.

B - 2 egg 2 bacon.
L- chicken breast with mushroom and spinach
D- meatloaf hopefully.
S- babybels on standby!!!
E-30 min dog walk. 1 hour swim
A- not on a school night ... Hopefully

Can't wait for the headaches and general hangover type feeling to go away! And that's only after one day ... I am a major sweet food and Junk addict tho! So I suppose I'm going cold turkey! Ooooo turkey! Might have some of that tomorrow .

Hi Beth and welcome, why don't you start your own diary thread on here love. :)

Morning all. I'm back to posted weight :)

B: Porridge and blackberries.
L: The Carby Cafe today.
D: Prawn something, mainly because I got a bag of prawns out of the freezer looking for something else, then forgot to put them back. Good job I noticed them this morning and put them in the fridge.

well done Jim and pmsl on the prawns :)

Review of Choco Perfection Bar:

Received my order from LCM, 60 pittas, a bottle of Heinz one carb ketchup (review coming soon) and 2 Choco Perfection bars (dark - i'm sure I ordered milk because I have never liked dark chocolate but that's what i've got!).

Naturally I grabbed one out of the box and made a cup of tea and sat down to eat it. After noticing it was the dark variety I wasn't expecting much and never really are dark chocolate when I wasn't low carbing.

Sweetness:

Not bad at all. Sweet enough without being Cadbury level. Definitely trying to be a proper chocolate bar rather than a sugar alcohol pumped lump of rubbish (see 'Atkins Nutritional' bars! - I can't help thinking Dr A wouldn't approve of most of their stuff).

Texture:

A firm but bitable bar. Doesn't have the softness of a Cadbury bar or the melt in the mouth feel (until I had a sip of tea with the chocolate in my mouth which began to melt it! Apologies if that's weird but i've always had tea with chocolate like people have milk with cookies!). Not a bad texture at all and quite hard to describe. Firmer is the best word I can come up with for now.

Taste:

Strong chocolate taste without being overpowering. Reasonably creamy which was surprising. Some might associate it with those cheap chocolate Easter eggs but I think that's because we're used to Cadbury and Galaxy and not really sure what real chocolate is. \

Other info:

Nice and filling, and you definitely feel like you've had a treat after eating one and that you've had a bar of decent chocolate. They are expensive at £3.05 a bar so aren't something that i'll personally be having daily! Perhaps once a week as a treat on weigh in day. I'd love to know if the sweeteners are really 0 on the GI scale like they claim because if so this is a very, very good option. It also contains 18g of fat which is 162 calories of the total 198 which makes the bar 81% fat and perfect for Atkins!

B: None, never do really but going to try tomorrow
L: 4 x Chicken Legs :D
T: Low carb butcher sausages, brocolli, green beans and anything else green that takes my fancy hehe

D: only 1 glass so far! More tonight
E: does housework count? hehe
A: None, school night.

B: 2 boiled eggs with butter
L: Mattessons sausage
D: gammon steak, fried egg and veg
S: sliced ham, cheesestring

Change of plan for dinner. Couldnt be bothered making gammon steak so had a cheese omlette instead. Ill have some salad later to up my veg.

Howdy All, hope you're all well!

B: Quax Flax (!) + 2 slices bacon and a fried egg
L: Mexican chicken salad box
S: Peperami
D: B+S Soup

The salad box I bought came with some additional goodies that I didn't realise until I bought it - sweetcorn and pineapple. Spent a good 5 mins sieving through it trying to pick it all out!

I added some desiccated coconut to my porridge this morning. Was only about 1/2 a carb and was in the mood to go wild! Was nice.

MissyMustDoIt said:
Well I survived a weekend and was good for the majority!!

B none
L Thai chicken salad mayo
My usual snacks in my handbag
Not sure on dinner tonight think it may be cheese veg and sausages

Water loads I feel so dehydrated
Maybe a coffee or two lol

Nmh dinner was sausages, cauli and broccoli with cheese sauce and red onion gravy!!! Mmmm

Back