What are we eating today?

B - 2 slices of left over meatloaf fried up with a scrambled egg , slice of applewood cheddar and a tiny bit of ketchup.

L- most likely an Atkins protein shake as I have a busy day with nursery runs , banking and food shopping

D - spinach and chicken omelette with nice big salad and splash of lemon olive oil.

W- 3. Litres in fridge ready to glug

E- mile walk each way to nursery. Housework!!!!

A- nope .

S- salami and babybel.

B- Bacon and egg on toasted mim
L- 2 burgers and green salad
D- Meatloaf (if edible) with cabbage and broccoli
S- Celtic no added sugar choc's :)

Hi everyone

Day 2!

B: None.. bed was far too warm and comfy to bother getting out to get food lol
L: Small green salad with cheese & chicken leg
T: Beef Madras with green beans & brocolli & cabbage mmm

W: 1 litre so far - more on the way
E: None
A: Might be tempted.. but probably not.

B - flaxmeal porridge with cream
S - 2 slices german garlic sausage
L - tuna mayo with cucumber and romaine lettuce
S - 2 babybel
D - pork shoulder steaks I cooked last night in slow cooker. Spring greens.

W - trying for my usual 4 litres plus coffees
E - 1.25 mile run - YAY :D
A - nope - tis definitely my bete noir.

Last edited:
Quak said:
B - flaxmeal porridge with cream

Hi, I just went all thru the recipe thread and can't find how to make flax porridge. Could you be so lovely as to tell me as the thought of meat for brekkie is makin me feel ill.
Xxxx

Not overly healthy James. As Jim would say you need to get those veg down you. ;)

Seriously though rather than reducing your carbs I would draw a line under today and start afresh tomorrow.

Veg, veg, veg (and dances around the room)
I've been brainwashed - I wonder who by??????
lol

i also had a carb day.....yesterday was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year....erm it happened today instead :(

i had....

2 babybel, 2 pmini pepperami....good start
1 litre water.....good start

1 chicken and sweetcorn and may baguette, 2 hot sausage rolls....
a 3" sub (shared with a friend)
1 coffee
1 lemon muffin from gregs

oh and an earache......balls....back on it tomorrow :(

I had
B - 2 bacon and fried egg
L - 2 chicken drumsticks & babybell
D - mincemeat spiced with chilli cheese and spicy Mayo
S- none
A- nome
W- loads
E- walked the dog

Dont think I'm eating enough :(

I had
B - 2 bacon and fried egg
L - 2 chicken drumsticks & babybell
D - mincemeat spiced with chilli cheese and spicy Mayo
S- none
A- nome
W- loads
E- walked the dog

Dont think I'm eating enough :(

are you hungry? you really should eat some greens....how about lettuce and fill that with your spicy mince.....just like yuk sung maybe?? mmm

MissyMustDoIt said:
are you hungry? you really should eat some greens....how about lettuce and fill that with your spicy mince.....just like yuk sung maybe?? mmm

Oh that's a good idea. No I'm not hungry at all sometimes I feel I'm forcing myself. Im not a lover of fruit and veg but know I gotta try :)

A- nome

I like that CA! It's halfway between some and none. I shall always use that from now on. Keeps your options open. :)

James, wonder if your carbfest was triggered by the chocolate yesterday? I think it does that to me you know. Or was it just something that had to be done at some point? Ooooh, I hope not leftovers from your mum's visit! Anyway, you've got the right idea, it's history, you're back on the good stuff again. ;)

Bren, be sure to report in about the rower and most especially the shakeweight. ;)

B - two fried eggs (to the tune of three blind mice - well in my head it is)
L - three slices of corned beef
D - M&S beefburger (0.9c) huge bowl of lettuce with caesar dressing
S - MiM and pate later, don't think I had anything else today
W - loads
A - nome (but actually none)
E - 5 mile run on treadmill, too wet to go out tonight

Hi, I just went all thru the recipe thread and can't find how to make flax porridge. Could you be so lovely as to tell me as the thought of meat for brekkie is makin me feel ill.
Xxxx

If I didn't have my flax I would never errrrr "go" iykwim :rolleyes: so for me it is essential.

My version of flaxmeal porridge (esp for Vicky :D)
50 gms flaxmeal (I use prewetts which is 2g carbs per 100g - so that is 1 carb)
2 tsp splenda (think that is 2 carbs)
a good sprinkle of cinnamon which I don't count (if I use bournville powder instead I count that)
about 200ml hot water (boil kettle and then leave for a minute just to cool a little)
you really have to mix it well or it goes lumpy, do it gently at first and then give it a good workout!
Cream to taste - prob about 20mls which is about half a carb so it ends up about 3.5 or 4 carbs - I usually do it by eye - you soon get used to how it looks in the bowl.

Consistency is up to you, you may need a bit more water or a bit less, over to you to experiment :)

It is in the MIM thread, not the recipes lol

Last edited:
Bren, be sure to report in about the rower and most especially the shakeweight. ;)

Will do, probably going to be tomorrow as I went out for a mile and a quarter run (and walk back) instead tonight, plus 30 minutes on vibro plate - got it out of the loft lol

Feel a bit down this morning.1 week since started and have gone up 2lbs.gutted and i thought i was eating well. Need to cut out something, think it might be eggs as its the only thing I have loads of.
anyway menu today is
B 3 rashers of bacon with a bit of chicken and a smearing of mayo on toasted mim..see pic in album
L 2 chicken thighs between the rest of my mim and a babybel
D sprouts,broccoli,some pie.(made more last night for hubby to have and have more left over) jelly and cream
W 2lts+
E dont know

B - Quax Flax Porridge and cream
S - Slices of german garlic sausage
L - Some leftover pork from last night, celery soup
S - 2 babybel
D - got some mince out - made cheeseburger pie - yummy
S - 1 black farmer chipolata

W - usual 4 litres plus coffees
E - definitely doing rower and shake weight tonight
A - nope - on the waggon!

Last edited:
Good morning :)

B: 3 x lamb chops fried up with eggs and spinach.
L: I'm meeting Colleen today, I fancy fish and chips.
D: Fried pork belly strips with steamed aubergine, cabbage 'n' leek mix and Pak Choi.

Back