What are we eating today?

Paneer is the cheese ;) it's smetimes called 'cottage cheese' but it's not really like that, more like an indian version of halloumi. I usually have paneer tikka masala where I get the cheese instead of chicken and lamb.

I think for tonight I'll get chicken and try saag paneer. Lol and yes it's very early to be thinking about curries but I have to plan!

Rosebug -
Mmmmm really like Indian food.....
A tandoori platter might be worth looking at - just check what marinade they used. Also if the Indian makes its Rogan Josh with cream rather than yoghurt that's another goody make sure you ask them not to put the tomatos in the sauce.
I try and get just cooked spinach as my side.

I'm lucky that our local takeaway is particularly good and very accomodating but I know it can be intimidating asking in a restaurant - don't forget they want you to have a good experience and so generally will try and help - they won't know unless you tell them what you want :)

morning all.
just finished a hearty breakfast of -
2 sausages, 2 fried eggs,several rashers of bacon and toasted mim all washed down with black coffee.
Dont know if I will be having lunch as generally to full.Going out to my friends candle party soon so will have to make sure I am still full before I go as she will have a spread put out.
Dinner, well not really thought of it yet.will get back to you on that one.
Well just had my dinner, which was-
2 salmon filets with lime and chilli and greens
S 1 fat sausage.
Not had nearly enough water today but have had 6 coffees.
Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
Morning

Friday/Saturday - let's skip past that (carbs, carbs, alcohol, carbs - it was like the Lost Weekend :eek:)

Sunday
B - tea
L - pork chops and cabbage
D - omelette
W - lots
A - none
E - none

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
Hope your all having a lazy day!

B- Atkins daybreak as couldn't be bothered
L- feta salad with a bit of coleslaw and OHs left over tandoori chicken breast from last night.
D-spiced mince in lettuce leaf parcels with a bit of sour cream to dip.

Xxx

Afternoon all
B/L - 4 slices of crispy bacon and a lump of The Pie (only got up at 11:30 lol)
S - 3 thorntons diabetic chocs
D - sirloin steak and crispy kale and mushrooms and fried egg
S - 2 more thorntons chocs

W - not enough, but lots of coffee to combat the alcohol from last night
E - too knackered from dancing last night - carrying lots of shopping from the car to the house (it is quite a distance - took 3 trips)
A - no sirreeeeee lol

Last edited:
Evening! I always post when I've almost finished eating for the day - otherwise I'm wildly inaccurate. :eek:

B - sossie and 2 eggs
L - 4 sugar-free caramels
D - two chicken drumsticks and loads of green veg with melted cheese
S - slice of salami, MiM and pate for supper, prolly more sliced meat as I'm hungry now
W - loads
E - 6m run
A - half a bottle of red - just to prove that I can throw caution to the wind on a work night - once in a while. ;)

morning all,
plan of the day
B 3 rashers of streaky fried with mushrooms in a 2 egg omlette
L chicken thighs with a spoonful of mayo
D taken gammon out of freezer will have with broccoli and 4 sprouts(tiny ones)
S dont think so
W lots
A nope
E probably not.
have a good day!!!!!

Last edited:
B- coffee
L- sunday dinner from yesterday
D- not sure yet....will be legal

W- definatley!!!!

Morning All
B - usual flax porridge and cream
S - roast beef slices
L - broccoli and stilton soup
S - babybels - also have part of a mim left from yesterday with philly
D - roast pork belly, got it from Sainsbo's yesterday - it has a stuffing but works out at 6 or 7 carbs so don't think that is too bad really. Looking forward to it. With some savoy cabbage I think.

W - usual 4 litres plus coffees
E - 50 min walk/run with dogbert. shake weight 6 min workout. 20 mins on vibroplate.
A - nope - thinking of giving it up for ever as it ******* my weight up every blinking weekend :(

Last edited:
B - fried eggs x 2
L - roast chicken, rocket and other leaves, cucumber, tomato and avocado and a bit of curry mayo
D - 2 large flat mushrooms filled with goats cheese and some pork scratchings crumbled on top, steamed leeks and spring greens with a little double cream
S - nope dont think so
A - nope
w - yes
ex - dancing/keep fitting like a mong and probably laughing, and dog walk.

Bren im the same with the weight/alcohol but hey life is way too short for being miserable!

Morning all,

B: sausage and egg.
L; The Carby Cafe as usual.
D: We're out tonight, it's our 38th wedding anniversary, not sure where yet though.

Jim said:
Morning all,

B: sausage and egg.
L; The Carby Cafe as usual.
D: We're out tonight, it's our 38th wedding anniversary, not sure where yet though.

Happy anniversay,
gosh 38 years, im reaching 20 this year, cant imagine getting to 38years, well done!?

Hi All,

Been a very un-Atkins weekend! The main culprits have been:
Several slices of cake + 2 pints of lager + a pitta bread on Friday
Black pudding on Saturday
Couple of bars of proper choc + several glasses of liqueur on Sunday!

Back on track today though. I'm not too bothered, I knew this wknd was going to be Atkins-unfriendly and I enjoyed eating it all :)

Have to admit that I felt a bit queasy last night tho (which also happened last time I overdid the carbs).

Today:
B: None - water only - minifast
L: Surprisingly low carb lamb and spinach curry (about 6 carbs)
D: Probably chicken and stilton with salad veg, maybe some broccoli
W: Lots
A: A couple of glasses of white
E: Not really

B- fry from the cafe
L- cheese and crispy parma ham salad
D- pork chops with chive philly sauce and some celeriac chips
S- there cream in the fridge if i do need something
W- loads as usual
A- not on you nelly
E- very doubtful :(

Back