What are we eating today?

mmm cheeseburger pie. keep forgetting about that!

Well done James mate, yes I had some snidey comments at times

Good to know! I think we all have 'supportive' people who would like to see us fail. I have one who used to send sweets and chocolate as a 'little reward for doing so well' whenever it seemed like I was losing weight. *****.

Thanks everyone! Vicky i'll steal, kidnap and torture the fairy if I have to, to get to goal!

Thanks everyone! Vicky i'll steal, kidnap and torture the fairy if I have to, to get to goal!

Whoosh or Poosh? The choice is yours. ;)

James fab fab loss - you really deserve it. :)

B - two fried eggs
L - mim with pate, goat's cheese, chilli sauce
D - two sossies, huge bowl s/f jelly and cream
S - couple of s/f toffees (so yummy) will have lots of salad later as I've done no veg yet today - thank goodness Jim isn't here until Monday :eek:
W - plenny
E - 8.2m run - very slow due to breathing issues today, but I did it anyway
A - yup, and plenty of it

Hello everyone

B: Atkins bar
L: Asparagus wrapped in bacon with cheese inside/lambs lettuce/mayo
D: Prawn cocktail/salad ( I Think )

Alcohol: NONE!!!!

Hope everyone has a fab night

xx:D

Hello??? Jules!!!! Whaddya mean NO alcohol? Haven't you been reading the 'enforced drink on Friday night' thread? Or am I reading it wrong? ;)

Wow james - fantastic loss - well done :)

Hi jules - er i think i managed about a week - definitely not the 2 :D

I did 9 weeks on a crappo VLCD with no alcohol, but did alcohol from the first week on Atkins. You're right to follow the plan though Jules. :)

Im trying v v hard but am struggling today!! not with the food,, just body image i think,, Dont feel as though im losing anything but don't want to get weighed till weigh in day ( Mon )!!!

xx

Keep strong petal. If you're doing proper induction then you WILL lose weight. Simples!

Thanks all :)

Just went to the shop and bought 2 things I never thought i'd buy/eat. I was vegetarian for 9 months when I was 18 lol. Now eating pork scratchings (very good for whoever was wanting crunch - minx I think?) and tried a bbq peperami (never again).

Was reading Gary Taubes' book earlier and an interesting bit was that even trace amounts of insulin are very powerful and only carbs can provide the middle part of the three part chain which allows fat to be stored! He also says that in our blood is a balance between glucose and fuel from our fat reserves. When we eat a high glucose diet we have lots of sugar in the blood for energy and therefore fat isn't being released to make up the short fall; and insulin is being released to drive some of that sugar into our fat cells. Therefore the lower we take the carbs (and insulin) the more fat is released into our blood and used.

Basically my point is, if anyone is very overweight and thinking it's going to take forever because you can't lose more than 2 pounds a week do Atkins on 10g of carbs a day and watch the weight fall off. I've been there at 25 stone with people saying 'why don't you try and lose a pound a week?'. You want to punch them...repeatedly.

First full day on induction today :) Not entirely convinced i've done it right, and think i've eaten far too much, but here you go -

B(runch) - 3 scrambled eggs with a touch of butter, and a bit of leftover chicken

S - 100g cheddar, 1 pot s/f jelly

D - 2 seabass fillets with butter and lemon juice, with a couple of mugfuls of mushrooms, fried in olive oil

S - 2x rollmop herrings (just ate the fish, none of the onion etc), 2 pots s/f jelly with 3tblsp cream

Calories (kcal) 1611
Protein (g) 125.1
Carbohydrate (g) 11.9
Fat (g) 117.8
Fibre (g) 3.7
Fruit & Veg 1.9

must up my veg tomorrow and get some more fibre into me. drank approx 2 litres water.

jules75 said:
Hi Kat1e

Did it make any difference to ur weight loses???

xx

Well i had a v good first month so probably was ok for me. Frankly if you consider on a relative basis then the amount of wine ive had over last 6 weeks compared to last part of last year - well im currently teetotal :d !

Nice one Beki, you did it right! One bit of advice, don't count calories! They are irrelevant. Just monitor your carbs. With 11.9g the weight will drop off!

Back