What are we eating today?

First full day on induction today :) Not entirely convinced i've done it right, and think i've eaten far too much, but here you go -

B(runch) - 3 scrambled eggs with a touch of butter, and a bit of leftover chicken

S - 100g cheddar, 1 pot s/f jelly

D - 2 seabass fillets with butter and lemon juice, with a couple of mugfuls of mushrooms, fried in olive oil

S - 2x rollmop herrings (just ate the fish, none of the onion etc), 2 pots s/f jelly with 3tblsp cream

Calories (kcal) 1611
Protein (g) 125.1
Carbohydrate (g) 11.9
Fat (g) 117.8
Fibre (g) 3.7
Fruit & Veg 1.9

must up my veg tomorrow and get some more fibre into me. drank approx 2 litres water.

jules75 said:
Hi Kat1e

Did it make any difference to ur weight loses???

xx

Well i had a v good first month so probably was ok for me. Frankly if you consider on a relative basis then the amount of wine ive had over last 6 weeks compared to last part of last year - well im currently teetotal :d !

Thanks ;D I wouldn't count cals to be honest, but it's the easiest way to count carbs for me by putting the food into a website i use. I think i'm just lazy actually and could probably just work it out on my own LOL xx

Thanks all :)

Just went to the shop and bought 2 things I never thought i'd buy/eat. I was vegetarian for 9 months when I was 18 lol. Now eating pork scratchings (very good for whoever was wanting crunch - minx I think?) and tried a bbq peperami (never again).

Was reading Gary Taubes' book earlier and an interesting bit was that even trace amounts of insulin are very powerful and only carbs can provide the middle part of the three part chain which allows fat to be stored! He also says that in our blood is a balance between glucose and fuel from our fat reserves. When we eat a high glucose diet we have lots of sugar in the blood for energy and therefore fat isn't being released to make up the short fall; and insulin is being released to drive some of that sugar into our fat cells. Therefore the lower we take the carbs (and insulin) the more fat is released into our blood and used.

Basically my point is, if anyone is very overweight and thinking it's going to take forever because you can't lose more than 2 pounds a week do Atkins on 10g of carbs a day and watch the weight fall off. I've been there at 25 stone with people saying 'why don't you try and lose a pound a week?'. You want to punch them...repeatedly.

Have I told you that I love you? (in a platonic way of course lol) xx

yesterday:
B protein shake made up with cream and cocoa powder
L 2 slices roast pork with cream cheese between
D chicken kebab and salad (no pitta)
E some gardening
W about a litre, not enough! but lots of other drinks too
A one glass red, yum for friday!

not enough veg, but not a usual kind of menu for me, i am never very hungry when i finish a run of nights. the breakfast was supper before i went to bed, lunch was breakfast when i got upyou get the idea.

Morning all.
Started the day with a 3 egg mushroom and cheese omlette and a toasted mim with butter
Lunch, well friends with kids today so dinner is now lunch.
Roasting chicken as i type. Baby potatoes for them with carrots, broccoli. I will have celeriac mash, can i have turnip? Coz might mash that in to.
Pud for me will S/F jelly and cream.
D probably nothing but snacky things.
W as much as i can
E walk the mutts

Carrots and turnip are carby I think Julz - I certainly didn't have any on induction.

B - two fried eggs
L - ribeye steak
D - full dinner at my friend's so I kept all my carbs for that - she's making roast pork with apricot stuffing, cabbage and bacon, mushrooms, some sort of low carb blancmange creation for dessert, and there'll be 'other stuff'. Will try to keep semi-legal but I'll be having lots of wine.
W - lots
E - 0
A - dear me yes :D

B - 2oz piece of cheese (didn't have the time for brekkie this morning)

L - 3 home made burgers with 1oz cheese

S - sf jelly pot with 3tblsp cream

D - 3 h/m burgers with 1 mug shredded lettuce, 1 mug mushrooms (fried) and 2tblsp h/m blue cheese sauce

S - 2 eggs scrambled

Ahoy hoy all

B: None really, slept in
S: Packet of pork scratchings (well, pork crunch)
L: Small bowl of B+S Soup + extra stilton
S: Cheese, pate
D: 2 sausages, 3 bacon, 1 fried egg
S: Couple of sugar free sweets
E: None
A: None
W: Lots

B- strawberry daybreak
S-babybel
L- none oops
D- homemade version of chicken chatt as OH had a curry. With approx 2 cups shredded lettuce and spring onions , lemon juice.
W- 2 litres. And 2 diet cokes in town earlier
E- 1 hour cross trainer. 20 mins weights (legs)

Waterworks said:
Carrots and turnip are carby I think Julz - I certainly didn't have any on induction.

B - two fried eggs
L - ribeye steak
D - full dinner at my friend's so I kept all my carbs for that - she's making roast pork with apricot stuffing, cabbage and bacon, mushrooms, some sort of low carb blancmange creation for dessert, and there'll be 'other stuff'. Will try to keep semi-legal but I'll be having lots of wine.
W - lots
E - 0
A - dear me yes :D

Ended up with just a few carrots, didnt do turnip.

When people measure with mugs approx how big are the mugs?

well i'm only a newbie, but i've just been using my standard coffee mug :eek:

Yeah 'standard' coffee mug is what I go by too.

B - usual flax porridge and cream, one almond muffin
L - bowl of celery soup, lump of thorntons diabetic toffee
D/S - have grazed lots this afternoon/evening - mostly pate, cheese and gammon - my sin has been 8 ritz (14.4 carbs for the 8)

W - trying hard, must have managed 2 litres, plus lots of coffee
E - walk up hill into town and back, still feeling rough so that was enough
A - shared a bottle of red with the missus, might have some medicinal irish later

Beki said:
well i'm only a newbie, but i've just been using my standard coffee mug :eek:

Cheers. Think i will start to measure my veg as probably eating to much.

saturday
B 2 bacon, i egg
L no
D 100% burger things form lidl,stilton melted on top 0 carbs, delish! with stirfry of courgette, asparagus, pepper, pak choi and a little red cabbage, with a spoon of cream flung in at the end for a sauce.
! one and a half glasses wine
E lots, out in the garden
W about a litre, plus numerous coffees
S some peanuts (probs too many)

Yesterday.......

B-buttery scrambled eggs
L- none
S-babybels
D-chicken, green veg and cheesy bacon sauce( finds ready meal for 1 10g per serving!!)

All good from here yeh??

Pringles, sweets, wine, chocolate buttons

I calculated about 250g of carbs in one evening!!!! Argh

Oh dear missy - you are having a tough weekend!
Look after yourself today - can you make some mims and parmesan crisps ahead to have ready?

Back