What are we eating today?

Roll??????? As in .....bread?????

well a slice of thin bread 13g with what else i have had today still under 20g ...... still in ketosis proud and purple !!! :cool:

You should really try not to have all your carbs in one go if possible. It can raise your blood sugar and stall you.

i was going to say morning all,but just looked at the clock,late night fuzzy eyes.:D
sausage,egg,bacon.
don't feel like it to be honest.
lamb broc,collie

Afternoon ya'll, yesterday:

B: Pork scratchings, a few babybels (hungover)
L: Chicken, cauliflower, spinach and okra curry
D: More of the same
S: A few nice diabetic chocs and half a bar of dark diabetic choc
W: Lots
A: None
E: None

Afternoon ya'll, yesterday:

B: Pork scratchings, a few babybels (hungover)
L: Chicken, cauliflower, spinach and okra curry
D: More of the same
S: A few nice diabetic chocs and half a bar of dark diabetic choc
W: Lots
A: None
E: None

Do you actually like diabetic chocolate? I am diabetic and can't stand the stuff. :rolleyes:

So far today:

Lunch: Mixed grill (belly pork, steak and bratwurst), mug cabbage fried in butter with 2 tbsp mayo.

Dinner: Cheeseburger pie, Mug Romaine lettuce, 2 tbsp mayo, a few slices german sausage. As a dessert I made : 60g cream cheese, 2 tsp splenda and 1/2 tsp vanilla.

The dessert was lovely and as I have been struggling with cravings the last few days this hit the spot. Definately won't be an everyday thing just when I feel the need so to speak :)

Last edited:
Question about exercise for you...

Do you find it increases your appetite? Gary Taubes says that increased exercise for weight loss just leads to an increased desire to eat and i've been hitting the treadmill for the last 2 days. Did 1 hour 32 mins yesterday and an hour today so far but am having about 2000 calories a day! I know that isn't excessive because in the book Atkins mentions someone (Harry Krongerg?) who had an average of 1950 and lost something like 3.9 a week on average.

Anyone agree or disagree with Taubes?

Do you actually like diabetic chocolate? I am diabetic and can't stand the stuff. :rolleyes:

Hiya,

Yeah I don't mind it actually, at least taste-wise. the texture isn't quite the same but I'm happy with the trade-off.

Have you tried lots of different ones?

Do you find it increases your appetite? Gary Taubes says that increased exercise for weight loss just leads to an increased desire to eat and i've been hitting the treadmill for the last 2 days. Did 1 hour 32 mins yesterday and an hour today so far but am having about 2000 calories a day! I know that isn't excessive because in the book Atkins mentions someone (Harry Krongerg?) who had an average of 1950 and lost something like 3.9 a week on average.

Technically speaking, I suppose that if you're eating the right balance of slow/fast release foods then I guess your appetite shouldn't go crazy? Pretty much all the stuff I've read has said that exercise is pretty ineffective for weight loss if you're not in calorie deficit, regardless of food intake. So, in that sense I agree with him. Not that I'm one to comment tho! Exercise has lots of other benefits though (I'm lead to believe... ;) )

Thanks.

I'm definitely in a deficit and there's no (or very little) evil insulin in my system ;) so i'm hoping for a big loss this week.

Nice one. Always totally jealous of people who do exercise! Remember you're building muscle at the same time as burning fat when looking at the scales tho! :)

Afternoon all.

B - Bacon
L - Roast chicken, cauli, cabbage
D - Blue cheese salad
W - loads
E - 1 hour gym hopefully later

Really struggling today, friends round for Sunday roast and I really wanted the full monty three courses I cooked for them, not having the crispy roast potatoes and honey roasted parsnips, followed by apple crumble and a lots of wine :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: has made me really quite miserable!! ....................... on the other hand I will be rewarded at the scales ;)

Yeah you should see it the other way round - you should be really pleased with yourself that you resisted it all!

If you didn't this time, maybe add some low carb veggies into the roast, you know celeriac, red peppers etc? Might help ease the pain a little! White wine's not too bad tho - get some Sauv Blanc/Pinio Grigio and join in! :)

Last edited:
J2BLUE said:

Hi James. Think for me the answer would be yes - but big differences of the exercise impact:
On carbs - made me starving, needed food NOW and usually had something sugary immediately so then net calorie expenditure pretty minimal
On atkins - not particularly hungry immediately but tend to eat more during the day and have to make sure i eat enough or wake up early next day hungry. However still get a good calorie deficit from it

As long as you can find something you enjoy it also seems to generate energy, muscle and toning. So well worth it :)

Hi James. Think for me the answer would be yes - but big differences of the exercise impact:
On carbs - made me starving, needed food NOW and usually had something sugary immediately so then net calorie expenditure pretty minimal
On atkins - not particularly hungry immediately but tend to eat more during the day and have to make sure i eat enough or wake up early next day hungry. However still get a good calorie deficit from it

As long as you can find something you enjoy it also seems to generate energy, muscle and toning. So well worth it :)

Great post thank you. I agree with the more throughout the day thing. That has been like that for me. I do enjoy the treadmill as well! Loud rock music and fantasising about getting to goal. Can't beat it. I tend to drift off into random daydreams about getting there lol. There's one song which is like my exercise anthem!

YouTube - Breaking Benjamin - Until the End

(didn't use youtube tags because they didn't work!)

Why give up? Why give in?
It's not enough, it never is
So I will go on until the end
We've become, desolate
It's not enough, it never is
But I will go on until the end

:)!

Morning all

B: Left over Chicken.
L: The Carby Cafe today
D: Lamb curry with caulirice and steamed spinach

B: Carb Sense RTD, 46g of Chedder
L: Atkins Shake, 2x Babybels
D: Garlic butter fried chicken breast, mixed green veg

S: Berries, perhaps some Walnuts for some good fats

Boring menu today (more so than usual lol) but I got up late.

B: Atkins bar
L: Tortilla wrap with a cheese slice, 2 bits of bacon and a fried egg (its to remind me of the bacon, egg and cheese bagel from mcdonalds!)
D: Not decided yet - not got much in since I'm moving on Friday, so probably a takeaway.

W: few cups of tea and some diet coke so far
A: none
E: packing?!

Back