What are we eating today?

Sounds like a fab day for you and the family Jim - enjoy!

B - sausages and eggs
L - chicken salad
D - lamb curry with lettuce nom nom
E - 2 mile walk to Greenwhich and back
A - yup!
W - 2-3 litres

l- cornish pasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
s- cherry danish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops xx

B- quak flax & cream
L- skipped to do beck hunger tolerance
D- pork steaks with leeks & mushrooms in a garlic cream sauce, may season with parmesan, it's currently cooking so I'll see. Served on a bed of spinach.
w- loads
Supper- prawns, celery & aldi farmhouse pate (0.5g per 100g) and a bag of pork scratchings

Last edited:
nothing to say m'lud .....guilty as charged ! xx

my bum hurts ............x

Back on track today, I think? Well, no atkins bars in sight at least.

B: Fry up (gluten free lorne sozzys, bacon and eggs)
L: Was still full
D: Pepperoni and olive pizza (cauli base)
S: I made cheesecake, probably have a bit later

Hoping my gluten free sozzys I got the butcher to make are low carb. Not sure whats in the gluten free mix, or how much they put in the lorne mix? I'm sure its ok...

Ooooh Smaller your dinner sounds delish! Might have to be on the menu here tomorrow :)

I really enjoyed it, so simple, I just fried some garlic, mushrooms & leeks in butter, salt n pepper and added some cream & parmesan.

B- 2 scrambled eggs and 1 slice ww wholemeal toast with butter
L- seabass fillet with stirfry veg and soy sauce
D- chicken kiev - breadcrumbs removed and cesear salad, no croutons
S- chilli peanuts and a glass of red wine.
w - awful, im terrible at drinking water!

I gained ten pounds...ouch!

Oh well, one step back to take two forwards hopefully.

B: Cheese pitta with butter
L: 3x Quorn fillets, black pepper mayonnaise
D: Going to try Seraphine's coconut chicken! Also going to make a highly complicated bbq mayonnaise by mixing mayonnaise and bbq spice. Veg.

S: Cheese
E: 30 mins of something at some point

Good attitude James, you'll soon blitz those pounds! Report back on the chicken, it sounds lovely :)

B/L - sausages, eggs and a pitta bread with cheese
D - lamb curry with cabbage
A - nup
E - lifting the TV remote
W - 3 litres

I've not yet started the atkins diet but am busy reading up all the facts and top tips from you guys. The mims sound like a good alternative to bread. Can anyone tell me how many you can have in one induction day and if you make one in the morning will they keep till lunchtime? Also is there a recipe book with mims in?

Hi Olive and welcome - check out the Mims sticky at the top, lots of recipes there.

I would think for induction, keep it to a minimum - one a day max, and drink lots of water to keep yourself regular :) I tend to only have one or two a week now - a toasted sandwich at the weekend and a portion of cheat's cheesecake

Aha! Thanks for pointing out the stickie hadn't noticed it. Very useful. Do the mims keep well between between from morning to lunch?

Good attitude James, you'll soon blitz those pounds! Report back on the chicken, it sounds lovely :)

The chicken was superb! Tastes just how you would imagine it really. A fantastic low carb replacement though and something which you could make which would feel like a treat. I tried them with lemon pepper mayonnaise and bbq mayonnaise and it was excellent. In future I might switch the mayonnaise for low carb ketchup to reduce the calories a bit because the coconut is high fat as well.

Perfect 'watching the football' low carb food.

Thanks again Serephine!

I've not yet started the atkins diet but am busy reading up all the facts and top tips from you guys. The mims sound like a good alternative to bread. Can anyone tell me how many you can have in one induction day and if you make one in the morning will they keep till lunchtime? Also is there a recipe book with mims in?

Hi Olive and welcome :)

evening all.
B.egg,bacons
L.wasn't hungry
D.lamb leg steaks,mushrooms all cooked in garlic butter,with large salad
W.not enough,but trying.

Back