what are you going to do after LT?

its natural to be scared hun.
thats why i'm looking into my options so early so i'm sure of my plan and fingers crossed,wont be too worried when eating again starts.

only 3 weeks left?!omg,fab.
i'll still have to shift some weight too at slimming world and i defo think that red days are the way to go(for me anyway).
think you've got to go with what you know is gonna be managable for you.

ye your right, im determined not to go backwards though,, iv just checked out that web site that summer posted .. the one where you can get how many calories you need to maintain ,.. that was interesting lol

Reading what everyone has put on here has got me thinking. I was certain that I would return to Slimming World to lose the last bit of my weight but the more I think about it, the more I think it's the wrong diet to do just yet. I agree with everyone when they say portion size and calorie control are a major part of successfully keeping the weight off. So, after (another) long talk with my sister I have decided I am going to join Scottish Slimmers. This is the diet she has done very sucessfully for a number of years and I think this is the way forward for me too! From what I have read about it I think it's pretty similar to Weight Watchers - you have your daily allowance of 'checks' which you must stick to and the food all sounds great and easy to follow. I think I need a new diet to follow - it would be too tempting to slip into the old bad habits I had before on Slimming World. I've also got the support of my sister as she is dong the diet too.

So my decision is that I will have my last weigh-in on the 26th October. I will then refeed for 10 days before joining Scottish Slimmers and following their eating plan.

I'm open to people's suggestions as to whether this is the right thing to do. Is 10 days long enough on the refeed?

its so confusing when trying to decide whats right to do.
think i've changed my mind a few times and i'm sure i'll changed it a few more too!

you've got to do what feels right for you.
think it will help you having the support from your sister though.

i was going to refeed for 2 weeks.my chemist said to me the other day that she thought a week would be plenty for me.
wouldn't imagine 10 days being a problem x

I have found this thread v interesting & helpful. I too am thinking of doing slimming world red days. I'm going abroad on 4th December, so plan to re-feed for the prior week then do red days whilst on holiday, it's half-board buffet food with plenty of healthy choices.

Having done slimming world before and lost 14lbs twice with it (but then put back on). I'm hoping after all those weeks of no food, that it'll be the healthy food that will be what appeals to me. Also hoping that although I think it unlikely that I will be at goal then, I will be a lot nearer and this will be my incentive to not overdo it & hopefully continue losing. I think I'm worried because the weight's always gone back on in the past.

I'm going to refeed for a good 1 month. I figured from my previous attempts at LT, I refed for 2 weeks but my body still hadn't adjusted yet to food. I was in pain a lot and had really bad bloating and indigestion. So I figure if I refeed for a really long time, it'll be easier for me to eat and to keep the weight off.

I'll then count calories as I did that before and it went very well for me, and if I want to have a little innocent indulgence, I'll exercise it off. I know that if I avoid the things I love, I end up chugging them down within minutes. Or I may have what I like to call Happy sundays, were I enjoy myself and then carry on with healthy eating the following week. I hope that balances it out, could be a good way to experiment with my body.

And during this time, it'll be SHOPPING!!! CLOTHES GALORE!!!! WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

My doctor thinks im losing weight on the reductil he has prescribed,so when i finish lipo in 10 days i will have 2 months stock of reductil,so i will do low carb /calorie controlled to get the last 20 lbs off,thats the plan anyway.

My plan is to do away with diets completely. I've go the book "The Food Doctor", which I'm going to stick to.
Basically it involves keeping your blood sugar level thereby avoiding cravings and excessive hunger. Staying away from simple carbs and eating protein with every meal and snack to keep you full.
They also give you guidelines on how much you should actually eat for breakie, snacks, lunch and dinner - ie dinner is the area of both your hands.

My plan is to do away with diets completely. I've go the book "The Food Doctor", which I'm going to stick to.
Basically it involves keeping your blood sugar level thereby avoiding cravings and excessive hunger. Staying away from simple carbs and eating protein with every meal and snack to keep you full.
They also give you guidelines on how much you should actually eat for breakie, snacks, lunch and dinner - ie dinner is the area of both your hands.

Wow, so the food I would eat for dinner would be the size of both my hands side by side? that's alright :)

Back