What are you reading right now?

Have just finished the time travellers wife not usually my thing because I usually like to read crime thrillers but I thoroughly enjoyed it and wasnt confuddled at all :D:D some one had told me it was a very confusing read and hard to get your head around.
Also just finished James patterson Kiss the girls

Now I am reading Val mcdermid killing in the shadows part of the storyline is definately based on that murder that happened in London where the woman was killed in front of her little boy then the police set up a bloke for it and he got off because of the way the police lured him into saying he had done it. Not sure how she has gotton away with it but its almost identical woman killed on the common her baby twins with her. Man who was arrested was lured into confessing by an undercover cop posing as a potential girlfriend :/ anyhow thats just a small part of the story.

Picked up a few books last week in Asda all £1 each usually keeps me going for a bit :D

Just started A Spanish Lover by Joanne Trollope, finished King of Thieves by Michael Jecks and Murder on the Strand by Susanna Gregory.
I love Alan Bennett, and if you like diaries then Alec Guiness's was amusing.

Was bought "Hard Girls-Martina Cole for Christmas-didn't fancy it but good. Also reading "Middlemarch"(enjoy it every time)and "Wedlock-how Georgian Britains Worst Husband met his Match"-Wendy Moore.Just finished Stieg Larrson-"Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"and really enjoyed it.

Not reading anything at the moment but am desperately looking for a new author. Have read every James Patterson, Sydney Sheldon, Alex Kava, Nicci French, and just read Mitch Albom who I would seriously recommend. Any suggestions?

If you like Nicci French I'd recommend Jefferey Deaver, Karin Slaughter (very apt!) and Karen Rose (especially Karen Rose!). I like a lot of crime/murder fiction/forensics, so I've read all of Patricia Cornwell, Ian Rankin's Rebus series and Kathy Reichs.

I'm reading a book called Blood Line by Mark Billingham at the moment which is very good, and I'm also reading P is for Peril (part of the alphabet series by Sue Grafton - also worth checking out!).

On a factual note I'm reading A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill - an account of the Salem witch trials and the mass hysteria of that period. Very informative, and a good read for anyone who like Arthur Miller's The Crucible.

Happy reading folks! :)

Sian xx

Try Tess Gerritssen but some of them are a series so check her website first, David Baldacci is good, Lisa Gardner is fantastic (a bit gruesome at times though), I also like Nora Roberts - she is more a romance novel one but nothing too soppy or pathetic

Oooh, I'd forgotten about Tess Gerritssen and Lisa Gardner. Read all of those too, lol! I'm such a bookworm! :D xx

I need a new book to read but tbh I go through phases of reading 10 books at once then nothing for about a year.. I started re-reading the books on my bookshelf starting with Mark Haddon - Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, which I finished at the weekend. I've read A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon too which was really good, I think he writes kids books mostly but I would recommend the 2 I've read which aren't kids books! A lot of my friends read crime books - I don't understand it, I would be too scared to leave my house if I read creepy crime books!

I am reading ''Why men don't listen, and women can't read maps''
It explains one hellova lot! :8855:

It might be an interesting book, but I hate the title.

I can read maps! I am a brilliant mapreader! FAR better than any man I have ever known, most of whom are quite certain that they know exactly how to get somewhere without ever looking at the map!

Rant over. Just thought I would mention it. :rolleyes:

I can't read a map. I'm rubbish!!

I have The Island and The Return by Victoria Hislop (I think) to take on hols as well as the last Jodi Picoult book, can't remember which it was!
I also have The Lost Symbol to read but won't take that away as it's hardback and the last Harry Potter book.

I absolutely love to read but really don't get enough time these days sadly.

I must pick my books up again, such escapism.

am currently reading no humans involved by kelley armstrong and once i have done that not sure what next have loads to read and loads to re-read lol

I'm reading 'House Rules' by Jodi Picoult too. Loving it.

If anyone is after a mega family saga blockbuster book I've literally just finished 'Daughters of Fortune' by Tara Hyland. Simply fabulous romp through a family dynasty - not too taxing on the old brain and a jolly good long read. Perfect for holidays! :) xx

I just read A Reliable wife by Robert Goolrick which I thought was a bit dire. Didn't really enjoy the author's style of writing, lots of grammatical gymnastics that I thought were unnecessary and hard work lol. But before that I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett and it was beautiful!! You'll laugh out loud and cry, an unputdownable!! Loved it!!

Also read the Harry Potter series and enjoyed them immensely, from the very first page of the first book to the last!

I'm just about to start a book called Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, which is a non fiction about the perceptive and deceptive power of the sub-conscious mind. Should be good!

i am reading 59 seconds by professor richard wiseman and overheard conversations from the buses, boardrooms and bars of britian by mark love and jacqui saunders - tis funny :D

I read true stories, reading ' Broken' by shy keenen, at the moment
Just finished reading ' a boy called it ' and ' Daddy's prisoner'

I have just finished The Two Of Us, My Life with John Thaw by Shelia Hancock.

And am now reading Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult . I enjoy her books, she writes so well.

Back