what are you reading?

I love my Kindle too - and agree about getting a chunky cover for it. It doesn't feel 'wierd' reading from my Kindle now I'm used to it - just feels like a book.

I still buy regular books as well as Kindle books. I tend to use my Kindle for lighthearted stuff that I might not want to read more than once - I love romance, so that kind of stuff - and anything that I think will be a keeper, or that I think my boyfriend will also want to read, I'll buy a physical copy. I struggle to find room for all my books, so the kindle really helps with this!

hi - all you guys with a kindle aware of the bargain ebooks on ebay - can personally recommend 'filmstarworld' and his New York Times best sellers 2009 - 2011 - saved me a small fortune in current books.

Chookiehen, I'm afraid that if the books he's selling are recent, then he almost certainly doesn't have permission from the copyright holders to sell them, so what he's doing is illegal. (If the books on the CD are all public domain - eg. over 70 years old - then you can get lots of those for free anyway. Check out Gutenberg Project.)

Chookiehen, I'm afraid that if the books he's selling are recent, then he almost certainly doesn't have permission from the copyright holders to sell them, so what he's doing is illegal. (If the books on the CD are all public domain - eg. over 70 years old - then you can get lots of those for free anyway. Check out Gutenberg Project.)

Hiya you should check it out on ebay the books do not have to be 70years old anymore and yes all his books are recent. Have been a fan of Ilona Andrews and her new book is not available on UK Amazon but it is on the US Amazon and because she is on the NY Times best seller list its included. As more and more paperback books are being sold as EBooks the rights are sold on them earlier.

Chookiehen, from what you say this bloke's listings are definitely illegal. He's selling ebooks he doesn't hold the rights to.

(If Ilona's new book isn't available in ebook format in the UK, it's because her agent still holds the rights to it - ie. it's not allowed to be sold in the UK yet.)

Sorry :(

Im really sorry but you should look it up - the copyrights of books are being sold into the ebook format - this is where the authors are making their money - by selling the rights. There are thousands of ebook listings on ebay and I can assure you (because I checked with ebay) the listings are legal.

Chookiehen, I work for a publisher, I don't need to look it up. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but authors don't sell their copyright - they sell rights. The publisher then holds those rights under certain conditions, and they allow certain resellers (such as Amazon) to sell the ebooks on their behalf. Profit is then made both by Amazon and by the publisher, who funnels royalties to the author.

From the sounds of it, this bloke on ebay has gotten hold of the files of hundreds of current books, burned them on to disk, and is selling these disks on ebay for his own profit. He has not paid the author/publisher/agent for these books, and he will not send them any of the proceeds of his sales. So what he is doing is illegal - ebay is just turning a blind eye because they have so many listings that they don't check them until someone complains.

I've just finished reading Gok Wan's autobiography "Through Thick And Thin" Bloody marvellous and had me crying at the end! Its a story very close to my own heart eg: bullying at school etc.

I have now just started reading Jools Oliver (as in Jamie Olivers Mrs) "Minus 9 to 1" another autobiography, but got it free on the charity book shelf at homebase!

I love jodi picoult all her books are amazing my favourite is house rules x

Me too. That was my last book and I found it quite difficult to read as both my husband and godson have AS. Did make me wonder what I would think in a situation like that.

Her books really make you think about everyday situations and how you would deal with them. There is a book called Handle With Care and another called Change of Heart that makes you question how far you would go for your child. I just love all her stuff

Another Jodi Picoult fan here! I've got almost a whole shelf full of her books! The Pact is my favourite!

just finished body double - tess gerritsen.
just started Tha Affair - Lee Child - big Reacher fan

I read a lot. I love being a librarian ^_^
Im currently reading the Battle Royale novel, its amazing.

Well I have just discovered that I like Jeffrey Archer!! So random. His style or writing seems to sit well with me! Currently reading Sons of Fortune. Who would have thought that I would like my dads books!!

Well I have just discovered that I like Jeffrey Archer!! So random. His style or writing seems to sit well with me! Currently reading Sons of Fortune. Who would have thought that I would like my dads books!!

I love his books. One of my all time favourites is "As The Crow Flies". Read it so many times I can now pick the book up, open it at ANY page and know exactly what is happening. Find that a good one for when I want a long hot bath but dont have a book on the go:)

I am currently reading Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran and in actual book form rather than on my kindle! Purely because my sister had a pile of books she'd already read. What with me shortly moving out of my ex's house and into a tiny pad all on my lonesome, I can see me doing a lot of reading in the evenings to keep me occupied, so stole the whole pile that she had ready to go to the charity shop!

http://www.minimins.com/wiki/Cleopatra's_Daughter

Well I have just discovered that I like Jeffrey Archer!!

Twelve Red Herrings, there are some fantastic stories in there. (Book of 12 short stories, for those who don't know). I've read this about 3 or 4 times.

Currently reading Smoke & Mirrors by Neil Gaiman

Last one was Sixty-one Nails by Mike Shevdon.

Back