what are you reading?

Twelve Red Herrings, there are some fantastic stories in there. (Book of 12 short stories, for those who don't know). I've read this about 3 or 4 times.

Currently reading Smoke & Mirrors by Neil Gaiman

Last one was Sixty-one Nails by Mike Shevdon.

There is also Cat o Nine Tales (book of 9 short stories). Apparently each story is based around events/character that he met when he was in prison! x

Stoo said:
let me know what you think of 'The Affair', nearly finished it myself

Will do, quater of the way through it at the mo, might be next week at this rate I'm struggling to make time for reading at the moment

The Slimming World Nov/Dec 2011 issue, hehehe :D xx

my BF surprised me on Weds with an early birthday pressie....one of the new kindles :). so as soon as ive finished the last of my twilight book hopefully this weekend, im going to start reading all of the harry potter books from the start on the kindle. never read any of them :)

my BF surprised me on Weds with an early birthday pressie....one of the new kindles :). so as soon as ive finished the last of my twilight book hopefully this weekend, im going to start reading all of the harry potter books from the start on the kindle. never read any of them :)

You'll have to wait a bit - The Harry Potter books will be available in e-book format via the Pottermore website, but not until 2012.

Im currently reading ' The good, the bad and the one that got away'
Getting an e-reader this week and so far have 34 books lined up lol

You'll have to wait a bit - The Harry Potter books will be available in e-book format via the Pottermore website, but not until 2012.

have just checked with BF as i was positive i had seen them and he says it is an old mobi pocket format which is compatible with the kindle....but you are right they are not avialable on amazon yet :)

let me know what you think of 'The Affair', nearly finished it myself

Finished it.
Every time I read a Reacher book I'm reminded why I enjoy them, I like Lee Child's way of writing, Small chapters but still plenty of detail and action just straight to the point.
Enjoyed it more then the last couple he was wrote, Ending could have better I thought but led to it been a very good, I do want to go back and read Killing Floor again now

I have recently finished reading Insurrection by Robyn Young, and am now on Death of Kings by Bernard Cornwell. By reading the two back to back I have now remembered why I usually intersperse that sort of book with a crime novel, as I keep keeping the plots and characters mixed up!

Waiting in the wings to be read on the kindle are:
The Ambassador's Mission by Trudi Canavan
Killing Floor by Lee Child
The Penal Colony by Richard Herley
Night Birds' Reign by Holly Taylor
The Witch of Agnesi by Robert Spiller
Time and Tide by Shirley McKay
Fate and Fortune by Shirley McKay

I also have a whole pile of books waiting at my parents for me to grab whenever I want them - mainly crime novels at the moment but no doubt my sister will add to the pile with ones she has read and doesn't want to keep!

Things The Grandchildren Should Know by Mark Oliver Everett (E, as in the band Eels)

It's really interesting and written very well, not long left of it now though now. Then I'll return to Touching from a Distance (the book, not as a hobby ;) )

Back