What are your plans for Christmas regarding food?

I will be in India over Christmas so it's two weeks of curry for me and then January trying to sort out the damage!!!

Gx

As we are going on hols for New Year, we're going to have a quiet Xmas at home with a low GI meal...My OH has lost 5 and a half stone too so we are keeping one another on track!

im with chika on this one, im just gonna have what i fancy!! i intend to work it all off on the dancefloor on xmas night and boxing night, then be good until new years day and have what i fancy, as 1st of jan is my birthday. its my final year at uni tho and i have 2 major pieces of work to be handed in for 4th of jan so will prob have lost weight worrying bout them and also some fingernails and hair!!

I think I'll still be over BMI 30 and on SS.

If it's an AAM week then I would have whatever I could within the rules. If it's not, I guess it's CD packs for me...

Hoping I won't feel deprived...!

I will be having Christmas eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day off !, I love Christmas so much, it would be my worst nightmare not being able to enjoy it. Hopefully I will be at Goal, if I am not however you can all feel free to kick me up the a**e !

Sounds like we have all formulated great plans for dealing with Crimbo temptations....all we gotta do now is stick to them!!

I was fortunate enough to have done ss between Feb and July, so didn't have a Christmas to contend with! However, for four/five months prior to Cambridge, I was on Atkins. I surprised myself by sticking to it over Christmas - I ate whatever I liked, so long as it was low carb! I had the meat and veg for dinner, and made a lovely sausagemeat stuffing (so good, that my kids and fella now ask me to make it again every year!). I had berries and cream for dessert, and just a couple of glasses of wine, and a few other low-carb drinks over the period. I managed to avoid the choccies, but did indulge in just a few low-carb goodies i'd bought myself, and some nuts. I can't say I wasn't tempted by the roasties (they're my fave thing on a roast dinner!), but I didn't die or anything by not having them, and still thoroughly enjoyed my Christmas dinner.

I think if you're planning to eat over Christmas, low-carb is definitely the way to go, as you can still enjoy the food, but won't find it difficult to get back on to ss. I didn't lose any weight during my 'Atkins Christmas', but I didn't gain any either, which was a first for me!

Jo x

I'm planning to be at my target weight by Christmas and hopefully a few months on SS will mean that I couldn't possibly eat the kind of quantities I ate last Christmas anyway.

I am going to have a soup or shake for brekkie, turkey and plenty of veg for dinner with a bit of stuffing drizzle of gravy. I can take or leave alcohol so that won't be a problem for me (well, as long as I don't get to sniff the Amaretto - I love almonds). Will have loads of coke zero and flavoured water. I'll hopefully feel full after that anyway but CD has taken away my cravings for choccies and sweet stuff (even choc shakes taste too sweet now) so I'll probably skip dessert. I'll have lots of types of berries in so if I feel the need I'll go for fruits. I'll have a quiet word with anyone who is coming that is likely to try and cajole me into eating what they want me to eat beforehand (i.e. My mum who is 76 and I think because she lived through the rationing of food she tends to want to feed up her children even when they are adults and can decide what to eat for themselves).

I really want this to be the start of a new lifestyle in terms of what I eat. In the past I've given myself loads of excuses for eating - rewarding myself for being good, rewarding myself for having a bad day, comforting eating every time I have exams, TOTM, just about anything really. So I'm going to try and eat to live not live to eat. I'm going to try buying more variety of foods and being more adventurous so that I thoroughly enjoy what I eat and take longer over my food but I don't want to ever have a preoccupation with it.

I stil plan on having a good time at Christmas - but just don' think it's all about eating anymore. Hey, maybe I'm cured at long last? :D

Last edited:
I've never yet managed a "reasonable" food intake over Christmas, no matter how good my intentions beforehand... not only do I have to face the fabulous once a year fodder, as the rest of you obviously do too, but as I live in France, coming to England is ALWAYS a chance to eat things I can't buy here and miss (like decent Chinese and Indian takeaways! )

So I won't plan anything too ambitious, as like someone said above, when we fail we then go overboard. Someone said they'd managed one Christmas without gaining weight. WOW! That takes some doing. That would be brilliant and the best I could hope for in a 10 day visit home...

Worst case scenario, back on the wagon immediately back here, and back at target mid-January!

I plan on having Christmas Day off, so that I can enjoy the day with my family, without my face being like a wet weekend!!! Lol
Other than that, its SS'ing all the way for me!!! Argh!!!

Some good ideas here everone!
I'm going to hopefully be a stone away from goal at Christmas, however the two weeks leading up to Christmas are the work Xmas parties and meals.

I'm planning on choosing very carefully, eating half the portion, drinking the minimum champagne, and lots of water, and straight back to SS the next day.

Christmas day I'm going to stick to my shakes, as the end will be in sight, and I so want to be at goal weight for the new year! Far too many temptations, and if I allow myself Xmas dinner, no doubt Ill be on the chocolates, mince pies etc etc

Back