What Books to Buy?

Hi all,

I'm a SW in the United States and the only source I have for books is online and some of the books are expensive. Amazon has free shipping once the order goes over 25.00.

So what to buy? Here's what is available for me at Amazon.com:

• Slimming World Food Optimising by Slimming World (Hardcover - Aug 29, 2000) - Illustrated Buy new: $29.99 $22.79
    • Is this worth it, since I used to be online at BodyOptimise and downloaded the original, green and free foods lists? Is the book too dated?
  • Free Foods: Guilt-free Food for Healthy Appetites (Slimming World) by Slimming World (Hardcover - Jan 1, 2005) - Illustrated Buy new: $30.00 $22.06
  • Slimming World's 30-Minute Meals: 120 Fast, Delicious and Healthy Recipes by Slimming World (Hardcover - Jan 22, 2008) - Illustrated Buy new: $30.95 $23.52
  • Slimming World's Four Seasons Cookbook by Slimming World (Hardcover - Jan 22, 2008) 7 Used & new from $25.74
  • "Slimming World's" Curry Feast: 120 Mouth-watering Indian Recipes to Make at Home (Hardcover - Jan 5, 2006) Buy new: $23.13
  • Fast Food: Quick, Delicious Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Feel Great (Slimming World) by Slimming World (Hardcover - Sep 5, 2002) - Illustrated Buy new: $29.99 $22.79
  • Slimming World's Best Ever Recipes: 40 Years of Food Optimising by Slimming World (Hardcover - Feb 9, 2009) 5 Used & new from $20.26
  • Food with Family & Friends: Great Food for Healthy Living (Slimming World) by Slimming World (Hardcover - Jan 15, 2004) - Illustrated Buy new: $29.99 $23.69
  • "Slimming World" Low Fat by "Slimming World" (Hardcover - Jan 3, 2002) 4 Used & new from $49.99
The last one is out unless someone can convince me it is invaluable to own.

Which books should I own? Which ones have recipes you come back to again and again? Is there a book not on my list that would be good to buy?

Thanks for your help.

Christy

There are a lot of recipes on their website but you have to be a member to get the password, there are recipes on this site as well.

I would get Slimming World's Best Ever Recipes: 40 Years of Food Optimising by Slimming World as it's the newest one and will be most up to date. It's also a kind of 'best of' book.

i agree looks the best one to me.. also if your on facebook theres a sliming world group which has links to people's own blogs purely for SW recipies.

Are you British but living in the UK? The reason I'm asking is because often there are names of things that are different to what they are over there and if you're not aware of that, it can be confusing (I'm American but have lived over here a long time, so I'm"bi-lingual" now. LOL!). Also, some of the standard products that we all use over here, may not be available over there (Quark, for example), so I would bear that in mind before investing too much in the books.

Perhaps before you decide, you should try the recipes from the website and Facebook links and decide whether you find them easy to follow. That might give you some guidance as to what you should buy.

Back