What can i do with a parsnip?

SkinnieMinnie

My dad has very kindly bought me some parsnips from his allotment but i dont know what to do with then? Apart from roast them, anyone got any tasty ideas? :)

spicy parsnip and apple soup, roughly chop an onion and some garlic, fry add chopped apple and parsnip and fry for a couple of seconds before adding some veggie stock and spices to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes or until parsnip is soft, blend and enjoy. I used one apple and it made 2 big portions, the apple is synned as its cooked but I counted 1 syn for each portion

Pete’s Parsnip & Broccoli Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Broccoli Head, all florets removed (s) (sff)
2 Parsnips, finely grated (ff)
750mL stock using a Knorr “veg. stockpot”

Method

In a deep saucepan, sprayed with fry light, cook the onion until soft add the grated parsnip & stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 15 mins, add the broccoli, cook for a further 5 mins then remove from the heat, liquidize with a hand blender, return to the heat and simmer for 10 mins, season to taste, serve in warmed bowls.

Parsnip & Broccoli Soup (Small).JPG

Thanks guys :) not sure what to make for tea tonight now! Really like the sound of parsnip & broccoli reminds me of one my gran makes :)

Skulldilocks said:
Antyone got a good curried parsnip soup?

Soften onions with garlic and some curry powder (however much you want for how hot you like it) add chopped parsnips and just say cover with chicken/veg stock. Simmer until soft then blitz. Adding potato with the parsnip makes a thicker soup and a good tip is mr mash instant potato which you can add after blitzing to thicken the soup if it needs it and its free on EE.

i love to roast them and dip in homemade hummus or use other veg too and oven roast with balsamic

its nice mashed with potato to make an unusual mash

or boiled and pureeed and served with red meat

Pete’s Parsnip & Broccoli Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Broccoli Head, all florets removed (s) (sff)
2 Parsnips, finely grated (ff)
750mL stock using a Knorr “veg. stockpot”

Method

In a deep saucepan, sprayed with fry light, cook the onion until soft add the grated parsnip & stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 15 mins, add the broccoli, cook for a further 5 mins then remove from the heat, liquidize with a hand blender, return to the heat and simmer for 10 mins, season to taste, serve in warmed bowls.

View attachment 66196
SO IS THIS ALL SYN FREE???

Back