What CAN we have?

I want to be like that kelly, honestly i do!! lol

But i can't find any hot drink I like and i only have strawberry and chocolate shakes, so if i am looking to be on this diet till at least Xmas, the boredom will set in and i do not want to give up.

I have said that if i lose 2lb or less for 2 weeks running i will stop it and go back to just shakes, but it is lovely to have a different tasting (and hot) drink...

If it will help me in the long term and not do any damage (as others have stated it hasn't for them) then it just gives me more incentive to go on till Xmas. I hope that makes sense x x

intertesting thread.... ive always been so strict on LT but actually thinking about it what harm would a sugar free Smint do? I mean really? and this boullion too.... and my biggest mystery of LT is why cant you drink diet Pops? That would help me out big time. Im talkin the ones that are basically zero of everything, no sugar, carbs, protein or anything, just like diet cherryade from Asda or something... Does anybody know the crack with the fizzy drinks and why they are banned? (Is it all just about the pallet cleansing?)

The reason things like Diet Coke/Pepsi arent allowed is because they contain citric acid which can knock you out of ketosis.

The only ones which wont knock you out of ketosis are Coke Zero and Asdas own Diet Coke, they have malic acid. Theres also a strawberry & Kiwi fizzy water which has malic acid.

No fizzy drinks are recommended on any VLCD but I know some people do have the occasional one so long as it doesnt have citric acid

thanks starlight, personally i wish LT had fewer carbs in in than it does. Seem to have you on the brink of Ketosis which rules out all these little helpers like Smints/diet pops etc.... I mean lookin at my bottles of pop they have trace ammounts of everything in them, even if you drank a whole 2 litre bottle of cherryade you would be having trace ammounts of everything, but yeah lookin on the ingredients there is citric acid... ahh well i may start experimenting a little....

Piddle sticks at the ready lol

Do you really think I'd get away with Coke Zero without being taken out of ketosis?
Anyone tried it and how much? Like a cup a day, can, 2liters :p

Back