What can you add to make the packs taste better?

Limited Simba

My first order has just arrived, so excited to start, but I really like spicy food and am guessing that the meal packs are a bit bland in order to suit a more generic taste? If so what food additives (other than salt and pepper) can you add to make the meals that bit yummier? I've read that people add cinnamon to the porridge so that's something I am going to try.

you shouldnt actually add salt!! yea cinnamon or nutmeg with a couple of tablet sweetners to the porridge. you can add dried herbs, boullion, chilli flakes, chilli powder, garlic powder etc to the packs :) loads lol

I'd try them first as they are before you add anything. The only thing I add is bullion to the cottage pie

bullion is like a veg stock powder company called marigold i believe. its great for adding a bit of flavour to something if you think its a bit bland. try the low salt one. :)

I also like a noce bit of tabasco - yum!

Cottage pie with boullion is my favourite. Just ordered 10 weeks supply and have ordered a cottage pie for every day lol

you shouldnt actually add salt!! yea cinnamon or nutmeg with a couple of tablet sweetners to the porridge. you can add dried herbs, boullion, chilli flakes, chilli powder, garlic powder etc to the packs :) loads lol

Salt is on the sheet I received from S&S of the things that can be added, so I use it all the time.

Salt is fine. Some people avoid it as too much can cause water retention. My view is that water retention isn't fat and if I lose a little less one week because of it I'll lose a little more the next week. I'm not a huge salt fan but I do put salt and pepper on my fish before cooking it.

Back