What did you do in 2008

Melanie

Over half way to target
I just thought the other day that, other than SW and weight loss, I don't really seem to have acheived anything much in 2008 which is a bit rubbish to be honest - and something I intend to change in 2009. I know that you will all say that the weight loss is a huge achievement etc etc but there's nothing else I did that I could say I was really proud of.

So come on the rest of you, share with me what you did in 2008 that you were proud of (non weight loss stuff please) - did you make a life changing decision? Do a parachute jump for charity? Conquer a phobia? Get a new job? Save someone's life...?

....Share please.... this time next year I want to be able to say 'I did.......' and list loads of stuff I'm dead proud of.

I managed to keep our business afloat.

I managed not to sink into depression after my miscarriage

I managed to help my daughter with her reading

Can't think of anything else!

i got pg after 5 years off ttc and has my amazing son. so 2008 has been one of the best years for me.

Woe is me, I'm afraid....

In February I had to have my big dog put to sleep after he [unintentionally] blinded another of my dogs.

In April, she had her eye removed, after a few weeks of trying to save her eye and/or restore her sight.

In May we took on a lovely kitten, who really eased our pain.

In June my Cavalier died needlessly, following a gross misdiagnosis at the vets, and should still be here today.

In October, just a few days after having her spay stitches out, my kitten vanished, and we've still had now sign, good, or bad, of her.

Ealry in the year, we thought 'feck it' and organised to have a new kitchen, bathroom and windows in in November/December. ALL have suffered set backs, and now NONE will be complete!

There is actually more, but I'm not going to whinge any more!

My achievement? I'm still, very nearly, sane!

I managed to finally call on all my past experience of being in unhappy relationships and just putting up with it, to actually being the one to stand up and say to someone I'd been seeing for a few months (and who'd moved into my house), "Actually, this isn't working for me. Please leave and let me have my house and life back." And he's moving out this weekend. I feel like I've finally learned some important lessons, after years of beating my head against the wall. And it's enormously empowering.:girlpower:

I managed to rebuild my relationship with my dad and his family after not speaking to him for 5 years.

I enrolled in college to do A-levels

I took hold of my finances and am now getting somewhere with my debts :)

I gave up on men realising that I need to concentrate on me for a bit before I can have a relationship with someone.

I fought for answers from doctors as to what was wrong with me and I finally got somewhere!

Wow!!! Some remarkable achievements and some sad happenings, makes mine seem insignificant really!

I had a gastric band fitted in May and spent 2 nights away from my Hubby and Daughter since forever!
I managed to get back a job that I love.
Ive made new friends and gained more confidence.

In 2008 i have been married for 21 years and thats good going these days. proud of that, also helps having a great hubby. xxx

sadly my dad died in may...........and it kinda turned my world upside down....couldn't bare the thougt of sellin the family home, so moved there........just about got my own house rented...money is mega tight this year........
upside....
my eldest lad came in top 5% for his first year at uni...and seem happy there....and my youngest passed his bike test and we have been away tourin on the bikes as a family....which was mega fun.....and hes just started a job in hotel management...
in 2009 i celebrate 25yrs with the hubby...........only get 15yrs for murder............lol

I found my sister who disappeared from our lives 9 years ago via the internet which was wonderful.
I wasted a year not dieting and doing the "I'll start next week" dance which is annoying me now that I have started SW and realised how easy it is to follow
In 2009 I want to say I lost my weight :)

I had my gorgeous baby girl Ellie
Battled against post natal depression (no longer on tablets)
Signed up for a science degree with the open uni and about to start it

this is a fabby thread!

Ok this year has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster- in late 07 I tracked down the whereabouts of my birth parents (I'm adopted) and in January this year I went through an intrmediary service to make contact with them... in March I got a response from my birth father but it wasnt positive and for the time-being it looks like it's a 'closed door' from their side... so it's been tough to deal with

In june I fractured my foot and was on cructures for a month!

In august I got a new job!

In October I wrote off my car and got a new one!!!

I've also started an open uni course in Criminology which is brill so far..currently waiting for my results of my secnd assignment

So yeah a bit of a mixture of things going on this year but the most constant and best thing is the relationship with my bf which is going from Strength to strenght after nearly 4 yrs together :)

some really heart warming and sad stuff above, me, erm

I got engaged to the love of my live,
we got our puppy Bertie (whos currently at the animal hospital as we speak!!)
my parents celebrated 30 years of marriage and we booked a big family holiday for early next year,
mended fences and traveled for seven hours (each way) to visit OHs parents,
went on a fan dabby doozey relaxing holiday just the two of us, think thats bout it for me xxx

i moved house twice, successfully sued my old employer for sacking me because i became pregnant and i had my baby daughter in May :)

apart from losing weight, i am now doing a Masters degree in Strategic Studies full time, got a really crappy job :)D) at a debt recovery agency (so there is a slight chance I called some of you recently:p), which i am also doing full time in order to pay for university, rent, bills, food, etc, and unfortunately that is it:) nothing too exciting:)

I lost 3 stone but fell of the wagon when I had my foot operation in November - I'm re-starting SW on 7th January 2009 (for definite)!

I taught myself the basics of photoshop while I was off work sick (I'd been trying to get my head round it for a year or so)

I finally persuaded my other half to build decking in the back garden after 5 years of nagging

2008 has been the worst year of my life i made so many mistakes and my life was just miserable but it's coming to the end now and i'm starting to feel more positve and really looking forward to starting 2009.

I have bought my first home with my gorgeous fiance

I booked my wedding

I got my puppy angel :D

I got all my finances sorted n saved money :)

I had the guts to walk out of a job when i realised i didnt deserve to be treated like crap even tho we just bought our house

however my granda passed away :(

in 2009 i am going to loose weight n become fit n healthy and have applied to do the great north run (13 miles eek) and will spend 10 mins each day havin 'me time' :)

xxx

Back