What did you USED to eat daily?

BrightonMark

Trying... Really Trying.
I think I have found SW good for not only losing weight, but also working out where it all went wrong in the first place. I was thinking back to what I used to eat daily and it actually shocked me to think looking back. So I thought about if others are shocked by what they used to nom in a day?

Breakfast
Sainsbury's meal deal - 1 sandwich, usually BLT or Breakfast Triple, Packet of Crisps, 500ml Bottle of Coke.

Snacks
Sainsbury's cookies (5pack bakery style) and whatever cake was floating around the office for various Bdays.

Lunch
KFC meal, McDonalds meal, or Chinese all you could eat buffet.

Dinner
2 chicken kievs, salad, 3-4 wraps, with butter.
Or
8 fish fingers in sandwiches with cheese, sometimes with chips
or
Takeaway Kebab!

Late night snack
Huge bowl of ice cream, or big bowl of Frosties.

That was an average day. I was in a pretty bad place and looked to food to sort it all out, it didnt, Just wondering if anyone else looks back at their average day of food with dismay?

I used to always have cereal for breakfast - Branflakes or Ready Brek, with lots of milk and LOADS of sugar with the Ready Brek.
For lunch I would get whatever I could from Boots - usually barbeque chicken wrap, with a bar of galaxy and a bottle of Coke (I used to live on Boots meal deals when I was in work!)
For dinner I would have oven chips with things like chicken kievs, breaded chicken, or pasta with chicken, broccoli and tomato sauce and lots of melted cheese.
I would then snack on crisps, and drink Pepsi all day.

To be honest that was my diet when living at home and I was about 12st, it's since moving to uni that i've gained this extra 3 stone :( And I think that's because of all the alcohol, Dominos, snacks while revising/studying, microwave meals, bars of chocolate...awful. But it'll all come off :D

Bars and bars and bars of chocolate - I had a bad eating disorder but have been good and much happier for 3 months now. NEVER want to go back.....

I used to either skip breakfast or go out and have a fry up.

Lunch would be sandwiches (white bread,butter) packed with meats,cheese and mayo. Or skipped if i had brekkie, then id have Crisps and a few biccys instead.

Tea would be fajhitas, 3 or 4 wraps stuffed with meat and cheese and dripping in sour cream! Or 2 chicken kievs with chips and peas. And at least twice a week it was chinese or kebab!!

Snacks would be a huge bag of crisps and a chocolate bar. Usualy a snickers :eek:

Sooo shocking when you start thinking about a typical day before SW!! xx

Breakfast-tea or coffee
Lunch- 2 rounds of sarnies with chicken mayo and salad and butter , Or a small baguette with butter and ham and tomato
Dinner, Favorite meal was Pork belly rashers, huge Jacket potato with butter, and cauliflower cheese.
Supper- toast

Snacks- crisps, toast, another sarnie!

My meals were pretty similar, but it was the snacks in between that did the damage- anything up to 6 bars of chocolate a day, crisps, nuts and milky coffees.

anything I fancied really. Sometimes when I have a craving and think that in the past I'd have just ate it, I'm suprised at how much I would eat if it was there.

Sundays were my worst day -
Full breakfast,
Mcdonalds/KFC - large everything
Snacks all day that we bought nice from our weekly shop i.e pork pies, crisps, cakes
Dinner - roast - with 2 yorkies, loads of gravy and stuffing made with suet!
Pudding
Icecream
Then we watch a film to popcorn and chocolate!

How I wasn't larger I dont know! :S

An average day for me:

Breakfast
2 fried eggs (in lard) with 5 pieces of bread with butter and a milky tea (full fat milk)

Snack
2 bags of crisps and a kingsize bar of chocolate

Lunch
Whatever I fancied from the chip shop
3 pints of cider
A box of milk tray and 6-7 packets of cheese and onion crisps (I kid you not!)

Tea
4 pints of cider followed by a takeaway usually indian
More chocolate

This was the start of my slippery slope to fatdom. I was bored and living away from my family and would comfort eat to excess.

Believe it or not I used to eat pretty much the same as I do now, except that I cooked everything in loads of olive oil and butter and I ate lots of sugar/sugary snacks!

Cause we all love clover...........la la la

I would eat anything that moved...... I would even forget that i had eaten something and start eating again...... If i went to Mc Ds i would use the drive through and make it look like i was ordering for other people too so i would write a fake list or say "oh what was it he wanted"!!

I look back in horror, i haven't been like that for a while and never want to go back to that.......

We used to go through a loaf of bread in a day and clover like it was going out of fashion.....

Cheese a bad item of mine, i have just gone "cold turkey" now and don't even buy it cause i don't want to start the cheese monster off again.....

Honeyoc said:
Believe it or not I used to eat pretty much the same as I do now, except that I cooked everything in loads of olive oil and butter and I ate lots of sugar/sugary snacks!

Me too! I havent really changed what I eat very much. The only difference is I now eat less bread and less cheese as I have to measure my hex and I used to treat myself to more stuff at weekends from the M&S garage like a chocolate mousse or a breaded Camembert. But other than that, not much different. I think that's why I'm losing weight slower than others as it's not so much of a change. Now Its making me wish I HAD been eating 16 packets if crisps a day! Lol!

I used to have a good breakfast of cereal with skimmed milk, but way way more than 28g. Lunch was normally a big brown bun filled with chicken tikka or coronation chicken, a packet of crisps and a cake (all from the sandwich shop), often a chocolate bar when I bought a paper. Dinner itself was healthy, always trimmed fat from meat, never really used oil that much and never put butter on bread but there was always garlic bread with pasta, or naan bread with curry.
It was the weekends which got me, I'd order a chinese or pizza to be delivered with the little one was in bed, we'd to to Starbucks and have a sandwich and a cake (with a skinny coffee!) and I'd buy big bags of sweets.

Not good really. Thing is, I could do it all again - I love my food and whilst I know you an have anything on SW, it's the moderation which gets me!!

Too much too much pmsl

Breakfast would be cereal toast or cereal bar & yoghurt
Lunch sandwiches fruit and cake or crisp
Dinner lots of different things pizza & chips curry slag bol lasagne pie & mash just ordinary sort of things
Snacks my downfall lots of biscuits crisp ice-cream peanuts sweets & chocolate .
The good thing I've had no crisp sine I joined 5 weeks ago nuts sweets icecreams cakes biscuits and only 1 cadburys fudge and I really haven't missed them YET lol

Breakfast: 2 slices thick white bread toast with butter and marmalade or a HUGE bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes (which i miss soooo much!)

snacks: crisps and chocolate all day at work - I would think nothing of having a bar of galaxy at 9am!

Lunch: chips from the canteen

Dinner: curry made with pataks paste and 2 huge naan breads or a huge KFC!

It was lovely though! :D bye naughty food! :wave_cry:

Slag Bol!!! Have u got the recipe must try that........Te he he so immature I am but it made me chuckle, good old predictive text. X x x

This is making me hungry!
B- 3 slices of white bread toast with spread and peanut butter.
L- White bread sandwich, thick slices, with cheese maybe ham.
D- Pasta with chicken and sauce (jar of sauce, never made my own pre SW)
evenings i would eat at least 1 large bar of chocolate, a bottle of wine carried on from dinner, or maybe a litre of ice cream (once you start you cant stop!)
Wow.

I thought I ate healthily(ish), but things that I USED to have regularly that now wouldn't would be..

Bread (granary - big chunks)
Wholefood peanut butter (because wholefood MUST mean it's healthy right?!)
Brie and blue cheese (not loads, but twice as much as allowed for HExA)
Bran Flakes or Corn Flakes (and it was a BIG bowl - but thought I was good as didn't have sugar on them)
Cashews (I do miss the cashews)
Big cartons of Orange juice
Quiche (ready made - mushroom one from Tesco - yum yum)
Shop bought sandwiches (I went for the low fat versions or wraps)

And when I was at work I'd get hungry and eat a chocolate bar most days (it wouldn't occur to me to have some fruit).

Pub choice would be cider.

Veg intake was about a quarter of what I eat now.

And wondered why I was putting on weight!!

Thank gawd for SW!!!

:D

x

Coz12 said:
Slag Bol!!! Have u got the recipe must try that........Te he he so immature I am but it made me chuckle, good old predictive text. X x x

Pmsl just noticed this haha

Back