What diet should I do?

curly15kirsty

Hi, I just wondered if anyone could help me to decide on what diet is best for me.I am 13 stone and I want to do something about it. I have tried diet and exercise before but have never really set goals or guidelines so found it hard to stick to.
Any advice will be most appreciated.
Thanks xx

If you want to do total food replacement you will find loads of info on Cambrige Diet (CD) Lighterlife (LL) and Lipotrim (LT) on here. If you are looking for a healthy eating plan there is also loads of info on Slimming World (SW) and Weight Watchers (WW).

Personally, I do SW and I love it, I've lost over 50lb on it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of advice and support on here x

Hi curly15kirsty,
I'm on SlimFast and I've never tried any other diet so can't tell you how it compares but I love it. You have a shake, soup, smoothie or bar for 2 meals, a 600cal meal and up to 3 100cal snacks. I like it because it is so easy to follow. It is versatile enough to fit around your life but at the same time has a set routine.
Hope that helps
BL

I sneaked a look at your profile and see you are still in school, so maybe you'd find meal replacements a bit pricey. The good news is that at your age the weight will come off quickly as your metabolism will be active. It sounds like you want to do it but aren't sure of the best way, there are a lot of us here still looking for that! Do you have control of your meals or are they cooked for you? It's hard to follow any diet sheet advice if someone else is wielding the saucepans. You could try eating as normal but having half the quantity of anything heavy in fats or carbs and making up with veggies. Cut out the junk food (including non-diet soft drinks and alcohol) but allow yourself a small treat at the end of the day if you have been good, we all need incentives.

I think that is very sensible, you should be able to lose fairly easily like that while still getting a good and varied diet.

Back