What do I need for a decent store cupboard?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Maximus, 21 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I'm asking people who do a lot of cooking. While I will have go at anything, and like using fresh ingredients as opposed to ready meals and processed stuff, I'm finding every time I look at new ideas and recipes it calls for something I haven't got! what essentials should I get for a store cupboard as I'm already realising I need a lot of spices/herbs.

Is it never-ending?

Sorry for all the questions;)

Steve

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I have gathered a LOT of herbs and spices, i have light and dark soy, rice wine vinegar, red and cider and white wine vinegars, balsamic vinegar. worcestershire sauce, mustards.............. the list does seem pretty endless.

I think your best bet, so you dont have to get everything at once, is to sort through your recipes and find some that use similar ingredients, and then try one new one a week that needs new ingredients. each week you'll have more spices to choose from.

4. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Yes, that's the sort of thing - it just seems every time I try something more and more is needed - I'm not the only one in group who finds this - so must be because of the lifestyle change;)

Does the shopping frequency and bills eventually level out - I hope so :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.