Working Solutions What do you class as low carb. ?

**boo**

Hello , just wounding when your planning meals on WS what do you class as a low carb ? How many grams do you not go above ? What number is classed as a high carb ?
Thanks guys x

Good question, I would like to know this too

I'll comment too on this. I've read under 100g of carbs, between 40-70g and under 30g, all very different figures but I can't seem to find a solid answer.

I think to be on the safe side for a question like that youre better emailing Exante for a definitive answer :)

I agree - it really isn't clear.
When The Man and I did AAM week, we worked on the theory of not having more carbs in our extra meal than there are in a normal Exante pack.
This wasn't based on anthing official or scentific, just on the belief that having an extra pack doesn't usually kick people out of ketosis.
It'd be good to know for definite though.

hi i emailed exante and this was the reply:

"Hi Marian,

VLCD Total Meal Replacement products have to provide over 50g of carbohydrate a day to comply with the guidance on this type diet. If you are concerned about ketosis we would recommend staying below 60g of carbohydrate a day, although these levels vary from person to person.

Kind Regards,"

Hope this helps :)

so they are basicly saying ya AAM should have 10g of carbs or less to stay within their guidelines..... if your having your 3 packs ... thats not many carbs for a meal lol .. but if its mainly protein then i suppose its not going to matter too much x

hmm exante say 60g or below to remain in ketosis.

Are we definitely ok having tesco ultrasim bars? they are 25g carbs + 38 for 2 exante packs.

That would be 63??

ANy advice, new to this x x

hi i emailed exante and this was the reply:

"Hi Marian,

VLCD Total Meal Replacement products have to provide over 50g of carbohydrate a day to comply with the guidance on this type diet. If you are concerned about ketosis we would recommend staying below 60g of carbohydrate a day, although these levels vary from person to person.

Kind Regards,"

Hope this helps :)

hmm exante say 60g or below to remain in ketosis.

Are we definitely ok having tesco ultrasim bars? they are 25g carbs + 38 for 2 exante packs.

That would be 63??

ANy advice, new to this x x

Exante have said ( this is just my perspective from what I've seen) that some people may be knocked out of ketosis at anything over 60g of carbs, this is probably the lowest percentile, and they also say it varies so some people may be able to consume 70g or 80g of carbs before being knocked out of ketosis. If your using the bars and your in ketosis then I would say that 63g of crabs a day is fine for you.

It's a difficult one, atkins diet in first few weeks don't go over 20 gms, to be honest I have had to go down to 2 shakes per day and two small trace carb meals to stay in ketosis, as when I do 3 shakes and small Low carb meal WS I am knocked out of ketosis. I know I am because my energy levels drop, I get headaches back and feel hungry again. So everyone is different. So I have around max of 45 gms carbs, this is what works for me and I feel great. Losses are just as good and I don't feel deprived and my energy levels have shoot through the roof, which I love. So I think everyone as to find the level that suits them.

Back