What do you do for a living/job?

I'm an IT trainer - I work for a firm & train all their staff on all their systems across 10 offices, including the company induction day. It's a hugely varied job which I love, but the hours are long because of the driving/commuting, which is 200 a miles a day for the next 2 days!

Lots of caring professions on here. I'd love to foster but we have no space in our little house, and with working I don't have the time to look after myself properly let alone anyone else!

there's alot of us in similar job roles... youth work/support work/etc.

i love my job but it's emotionally draining. it doesn't normally get to me but i cried the other day at work as one of our residents was moving out to live with a peodophile and there was nothing we could do about it - HEARTBREAKING!!!

I am a Service Engineer for Hewlett Packard. Not very interesting though my passion is driving. My ultimate goal is to become a driving instructor and start up my own school. Unfortunately I failed the last part of the exam 2 years ago so once I have saved enough money I will try again. xx

I get oily and dirty all day as i'm a Motorbike Technician, posh title for mechanic. Love it, some of the customers are characters though. xxx Loobylou :girlpower: :character00201:

I'm a Healthcare Assistant in a Hospice. Love everything about it and go to work with a smile on my face that lasts all shift and come home contented and appreciated and I love all my patients to bits!

I'm a Healthcare Assistant in a Hospice. Love everything about it and go to work with a smile on my face that lasts all shift and come home contented and appreciated and I love all my patients to bits!
Thats really nice to be able to say, sometimes our jobs can be like that.

I get oily and dirty all day as i'm a Motorbike Technician, posh title for mechanic. Love it, some of the customers are characters though. xxx Loobylou :girlpower: :character00201:

Great to see a woman doing a stereotypically mans job! You show em Looby xxxx

Thanks Rainbow, it's not easy as sometimes small minded people come to the workshop and ask for advice, i give it to them and they want Mike (my hubby) whos also a mechanic to give it them, one time a guy came in and asked to see "one of the guys from the workshop" i went out and came back in again and asked him what he wanted but he was still not having any of it so he asked to see the boss, so i went out and came back in again, his face was a picture. xxx

is the credit crunch hitting you too?

I’m a legal secretary for the Conveyancing department of firm of Solicitors in the East Yorkshire area, and I cant type for toffee lol

Yeah we have just had some redundancies with our secretarial/support staff. It is horrible at the moment! I work for commercial/private mortgage. I used to work for residential up until just over a month ago but as things were so quiet I transferred.

Thanks Rainbow, it's not easy as sometimes small minded people come to the workshop and ask for advice, i give it to them and they want Mike (my hubby) whos also a mechanic to give it them, one time a guy came in and asked to see "one of the guys from the workshop" i went out and came back in again and asked him what he wanted but he was still not having any of it so he asked to see the boss, so i went out and came back in again, his face was a picture. xxx

Love it! My BFs a mechanic and some of the guys that work at there spot are real characters - the stunts they pull and the tricks they play are worthy of being in the school playground! xxx

Yeah we have just had some redundancies with our secretarial/support staff. It is horrible at the moment! I work for commercial/private mortgage. I used to work for residential up until just over a month ago but as things were so quiet I transferred.

poo isnt it we have had redundancies too and all our hours have been cut...this is doubley worse for me as now on a wednesday i sit at home surrounded by things to eat rather than being at work keeping busy lol

fingers crossed it gets better soon....but i cant see it

Not for a while anyway - I envisage about 18 months before the market picks up again.

I work for the "old bill" talking to people and trying to help them all day long! I love it - can be very stressful/sad/frustrating/satisfying throughout one shift but always worth it.

When i finally get my start date (only had to wait nearly 3 months for all the checks), i will be working for the Department of Work and Pensions, as a administrative officer.

Back