What do you do in the evenings? Hobby ideas?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm so so bored in the evenings and everyone elses life seems so much more exciting/happy than mine. All my friends seem to be doing stuff & I'm sat in looking at the 4 walls, I'm just so fed up, bored & unhappy.

My background is I'm married with a 2.5 year old & a 9 month old. My H works nights so he's in bed at 5pm every evening. Once I've made dinner & got the kids to bed usually around 7/7.30pm I'm so bored. I live in a flat so no garden to sit in & I can't go out just in case one of the kids wake up & wake my H up. If I could go out I've lots to do like visit my mates/go for a walk/zumba etc. etc

So what do you usually spend your evening doing? Any ideas on things I could do?

I'm crawling the walls & feeling really alone at the moment as I don't have anything to do.

Videogame? Read a book? Do an exercise DVD?

These are the things I tend to do in the evening. :)

Im in the same boat big bear, i really need to find myself a hobby, i was thinking of looking into a creative night course i could do, or getting in touch with some mates and just having them over for a coffee and a natter x

Hiya,

I have been looking for new hobbies too. I have started cross stitch this year, I like it because it takes my mind off things as you have to concentrate!

Or how about doing an online course in something you are interested in?

Sorry not much help xx

I do a lot of crafts. I sew sock monkeys (and I usually get ideas of what to make off of folksy.com). Sometimes I crochet blankets, and knit baby clothes for the prem ward at the local hospital. I'm a subscriber to 'simply homemade' and there are some lovely ideas of things to make in that! Eg, decorative tote bags.

Otherwise I do jigsaw puzzles sometimes, if I'm in the mood.

I come on here that helps alot :D I sometimes buy a cheap mag from newsagents and sit doing puzzles and reading the stories in them :)

don't have time to be bored. I am always working on something, even though I am supposed to be retired!. Currently working on several projects - research for an industrial heritage project, for a local history project, and for a talk I am doing on the history of a Cotswolds village.

Also, I get quite caught up in looking things up on Google and Wikipedia - always getting sidetracked into subjects I didn't know I cared about!

In the evenings I often do crosswords while watching the television. I never just sit and watch, I am always doing something else.

My latest thing is that I have just bought from ebay a very cheap and cheerful dolls house. It is a Swedish make - Lundby. I am researching the history of the company and finding furniture for it online.

You just have to use your imagination!

What interests you? What about the history of where you live?

Every night for me is exercise either in gym or DVDs at home, then tv on whilst on he laptop whilst planning exercise or slimming world or looking up interesting things on Wikipedia I love that site!!

I know how you feel my hubby works nights too. at least you don't have to go to bed with your little un like I did! 3 years of going to bed at 8pm means I have read entire libraries!

I make cards, which I do once a month at a craft club I run so in the evenings I am often sat with my watercolour pencils colouring in stamped images!

I also make jewellery...bonus as I get to wear what i make!

Sometimes I crochet/knit

I spend an evening once a week on personal care...a manicure, pedicure, facial, hair removal etc!

One evening I spend meal planning and shopping online!

I'm sure other peoples lives are not more exciting than yours.

My OH is in bed at 9pm as he is up at 'silly o'clock', that's why we are happily married we don't see each other:D

In the eves I play on 'net, read, knit, I love making cards so I'm either making a birthday card or making christmas cards (yep even this time of year), I embroider my cards & love it, it takes your mind away from everything else.

Or me & MiL (not ok for you I know) go to the theatre.

I think something that would bring you a few pennies as well would be good hobby.
Jewellery and cards have been suggested. Why not have a go at them.
How is the job going BB ??

i sell a few things everyweek on ebay, that kills a few hours - though i am out at work 7am to 7.30pm with travelling, and OH goes to be after me, so i don't have time to kill really. If i do get a night to myself i pamper!

writting
reading
readin on the net about child development
sorting out finacies
making wish lists of things i want :)

I used to pre-pregnancy plan meals, get new ideas, write down about my personal journey and learning or changing I could do on the way

Have a long soak

paint my nails

clean up the flat

trying to worm the cats minus the scratches

Every night for me is exercise either in gym or DVDs at home, then tv on whilst on he laptop whilst planning exercise or slimming world or looking up interesting things on Wikipedia I love that site!!

Oh me too! Love Wikipedia! I know it has a reputation for not always being accurate (but then the Encyclopedia Britannica has mistakes in it too!) but it is such a fantastic source for information on so many things, and then there are the links to other sites - I can waste hours on there!!! :D

I have too many hobbies and never have enough time for them all! My evenings, what I have of them, include knitting, gardening, cooking/baking, videogames, films, catching up on tv shows on iplayer etc. I want a sewing machine not know that I wouldn't get time to use it.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I make soap and bathbombs, do jigsaws, the 1000 piece ones, Victoria Francis ones... I read a lot, and the rest of the time when not behind the bar, I spend on here on my phone as usuallly the pc is hooked up to the pubs sound system... :cool:

writting
reading
readin on the net about child development
sorting out finacies
making wish lists of things i want :)

I used to pre-pregnancy plan meals, get new ideas, write down about my personal journey and learning or changing I could do on the way

Have a long soak

paint my nails

clean up the flat

trying to worm the cats minus the scratches

The last one I had to giggle at :) As to be done thought I suppose lol:)

Depends how tired I am. If im exhausted i tend to read if I feel ok I really enjoy doing cross stitch. You have to really concentrate so forget all about food and end up with something very pretty at the end. At the moment im doing a cross stitch of myself and my son at the moment. Going to be a 60th birthday present for my mum:)

Back