What do you do on a flexi-syn day?

Yasmine

One last chance
Do you basically eat more syns than you're suppose to or something? Does this affect weight loss if you did it once in a week?

it's great if you're going out for a meal and you know you may be naughty! you can either set a limit - as high as you want and stick to that or you can go out and enjoy the meal without counting.

the rest of the week you have your syns as normal and it shouldn't affect your weight. it's not 100% guaranteed and i definately wouldn't try doing it every week.

...having said that i had 3 flexisyn days this week and lost 4.5lbs.....although i think this must have been a fluke!

Whoah! 3 flexi syn days with that loss?! LOL that's so cool. I wouldn't dare do the same though LOL.

Thanks for the info :)

Sorry but flexi days are not about going out and eating what you want without counting.

If you know you have a big event coming up you plan in advance how many extra syns you are going to allow yourself whether that is 30, 40, 50 or whatever.

On the day you continue to follow your SW plan and counting your syns. When you reach the limit you set - you stop.

The next day you get back onto the normal plan, usual 5-15 syns. This is important, you shouldn't cut back in an attempt to pull back your week. You may not lose weight that week but the idea is that you have remained in control of what you are eating and can continue the next day without feeling guilty.

You can't do it retrospectively, have a blow out one night and decide afterwards to call it a flexi day. That defeats the purpose because you were not in control.

And it is only supposed to be once in while, not a regular thing and def not three times in a week :D

Sorry but flexi days are not about going out and eating what you want without counting.

If you know you have a big event coming up you plan in advance how many extra syns you are going to allow yourself whether that is 30, 40, 50 or whatever.

On the day you continue to follow your SW plan and counting your syns. When you reach the limit you set - you stop.

The next day you get back onto the normal plan, usual 5-15 syns. This is important, you shouldn't cut back in an attempt to pull back your week. You may not lose weight that week but the idea is that you have remained in control of what you are eating and can continue the next day without feeling guilty.

You can't do it retrospectively, have a blow out one night and decide afterwards to call it a flexi day. That defeats the purpose because you were not in control.

And it is only supposed to be once in while, not a regular thing and def not three times in a week :D

I see, well I asked because one day last week, I had quite a bit of chocolate but I planned for it and really wanted it, not mindlessly shoving it down, the following days I carried on as normal and managed to lose 3.5lbs.

i won't be doing it again!!! i think it was purely a fluke.

it was my birthday weekend.... i was actually expecting to maintain or gain/lose half a pound!

Aww cool, happy late birthday :D

Excellent explaination! This is a really misunderstood part of SW.

If you have done it without planning and got away with it, great. But if you want to follow the plan as it has been designed, Circes explaination is bob-on

xxx

Back