What do you do when on hols?

ransom-x

Just wondered whether you go completely off plan or try And stick to it loosely or are 100%. I'm going on hols Monday for a week in blackpool and don't care what I gain as I know it'll come off as quickly as it went on!

ransom-x said:
Just wondered whether you go completely off plan or try And stick to it loosely or are 100%. I'm going on hols Monday for a week in blackpool and don't care what I gain as I know it'll come off as quickly as it went on!

I guess it all depends on whether you want to lose, maintain or gain suppose! It's all about whether losing weight is more important than the cake/takeaway whatever :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

If any gain you have after your holiday in Blackpool comes off as quickly as it went on why are you here??????????????????

TBH when I'm on holiday I don't want any gain, I eat SW foods always & have a few glasses of wine during the day/eve.

Enjoy your week in Blackpool, I don't live that far from there:D

I went to Tenerife a couple of weeks ago.........all inclusive. I ate and drunk loads!!! Seriously enjoyed though and am now working on getting the 3.5 lbs I put on back off. Worth it and I would do it again though!!

Happy Holidays said:
If any gain you have after your holiday in Blackpool comes off as quickly as it went on why are you here??????????????????

TBH when I'm on holiday I don't want any gain, I eat SW foods always & have a few glasses of wine during the day/eve.

Enjoy your week in Blackpool, I don't live that far from there:D

I just find the weight that goes on quick comes off quick and the weight that has gone on steadily comes off steadily x

Just back from a week in Venice (love pizza and pasta!) and lost 2lb - had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, lunch usually shared a pannini with hubby (brought 2, he had 1.5) kept to diet coke or water throughout the day and then had a 2 course meal with wine in the evening and sometimes a 'ice cream' on the way home. Did not feel at all deprived and well chuffed with the loss.

ransom-x said:
I just find the weight that goes on quick comes off quick and the weight that has gone on steadily comes off steadily x

I know what u mean, I had a four day break in Berlin last year at the christmas markets, and gained 9lb !! Yes really!! But within 4 days of 'normal' eating I had lost it again!! But could never lose that much weight so fast normally. So it was like my body hadn't had chance to turn the excess calories into fat. However when we have done all inclusive holidays with 2 weeks of excessive eating/drinking it can take me 2/3 weeks to undo the damage. : /

I know what u mean, I had a four day break in Berlin last year at the christmas markets, and gained 9lb !! Yes really!! But within 4 days of 'normal' eating I had lost it again!! But could never lose that much weight so fast normally. So it was like my body hadn't had chance to turn the excess calories into fat. However when we have done all inclusive holidays with 2 weeks of excessive eating/drinking it can take me 2/3 weeks to undo the damage. : /

You're both very lucky, I'd love to be able to do that. I went to India in March & gained 7lb & it took forever to lose it:cool:

i usually allow a few extra treats while on holiday and make sure i walk and swim loads but as its a holiday its important you enjoy it !

Just back from a week in Venice (love pizza and pasta!) and lost 2lb - had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, lunch usually shared a pannini with hubby (brought 2, he had 1.5) kept to diet coke or water throughout the day and then had a 2 course meal with wine in the evening and sometimes a 'ice cream' on the way home. Did not feel at all deprived and well chuffed with the loss.

Wow! Did you do a lot of walking? Will be chuffed if i can say the same thing next week x

Yes, loads of walking although it wasnt a route march just walking taking in the sites. Enjoy your holiday next week where are you off to?

I would stick to plan where I could, but you have to live too! So if you fancy something, have it, within reason. Life is for living, and if you've spent a lot of money for a holiday, don't ruin it by worrying yourself stupid over a possible gain. If you gain, you can work extra hard when you get home to lose it.
Enjoy your hols! x

huntsu1 said:
Yes, loads of walking although it wasnt a route march just walking taking in the sites. Enjoy your holiday next week where are you off to?

Blackpool hun and I know what you mean on hols I do loads more excersise without trying x

xMandyDx said:
I would stick to plan where I could, but you have to live too! So if you fancy something, have it, within reason. Life is for living, and if you've spent a lot of money for a holiday, don't ruin it by worrying yourself stupid over a possible gain. If you gain, you can work extra hard when you get home to lose it.
Enjoy your hols! x

My mantra exactly x

I normally go totally off plan and end up with a big gain and nothing is harder than losing the same weight you have lost already.

We are just back from 6 days walking in the dales and I tried a different approach. We were away 6 days and I decided to do a day rigidly on plan followed by a day where I had what I liked so by the end of the hols I had 3 days where I had stayed on plan and 3 really naughty ones. I missed class last night as we were back too late but this morning my own scales show a sts- my scales usually say the same as the class ones. So I'm hopeful for a loss at class after my hols and had some treats and some restrained days.

Im on my hols in Wales at the min and really want some local ice cream tomorrow so have stuck rigidly for the past few days and will have enough to satisfy my cravings. I find that if I allow myself a few days off I go totally off the rails so stick to it as best as I can. Those scales better reward me for my efforts on Wednesday ;)

Am away next week for a few days HB. Will try and stick to healthy eating at meals as best as I can. But I will be having the alchol on a nighttime - not loads, but a couple each night (thats part of a holiday for me) very rarely drink any other time now.

The car gets parked up at beginning of holiday and doesn't get moved til we leave so lots of walking - will be taking my pedometer with me.

Back