what do you do with your chick peas to give them flavour?

Y not make them into a curry? Maybe with some spinach??

xx

Or for a snack roast them on a tray sprayed with frylight, either put a bit of salt and pepper on them or paprika to give them a little kick! Bout 45 mins does it.

Yes really lovely and its a syn free snack! Ive got some in right now

If you have a actifry put them in there with frylite and seasoning,lovely bit nutty and can nibble away without guilt.
Or you could mix them in with couscous and veg,really nice meal

I made 'falafel' for the first time yesterday- really good in pittas with lots of salad and yoghurt mixed with cucumber and mint. They were fantastic! I used 2 tins of chick peas rather than soaking dried ones overnight. Syns free on green and EE

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Falafel[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
227g / 8oz dried chick peas
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 level tsp ground cumin
1 level tsp ground coriander
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 tbsps chopped parsley
½ tsp baking powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry Light, for spraying

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
gf115.jpg
[/FONT]
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
1. Put the chick peas in a bowl, cover them with plenty of cold water and leave to soak for at least 48 hours. Drain the chick peas and then rinse well under cold running water in a colander.
2. Put the drained chick peas in a food processor with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli and herbs. Process to a thick, smooth puree. Add the baking powder and seasoning and stir well. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Take small pieces of the pureed chick pea mixture and form into little balls between your hands, then flatten them out slightly. Arrange the falafel balls on a baking tray that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
4. Cook the falafel in a preheated hot oven at 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7 for about 12-15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Serve immediately. A bowl of very low fat natural yogurt flavoured with fresh mint and chopped chilli makes a good dip for the falafel.

Thanks for the recipe ,will give it a try they look really nice, I love chickpeas and have had Falafel when on holiday lets hope they come out like the photo !

I've just run to the cupboard and roasted the chick peas in the oven and goodnes they're delicious. Really really lovely. Even by boyfriend muncheda bowl and enjoyed them. We made them really spicy by adding, cajun seasoning, cumin seeds and hot paprika.

i squeezed a lemon over chick peas the other day then tossed them in a salad, they tasted niceeee! :D

Back