What do you eat to get bigger weight losses?

raquelscatt

I am on my 8th week of SW, and so far have lost just 11lbs. Whilst I am quite pleased, I have stuck within my syns allowance each day and go swimming for 40 minutes every day, something I never did before joining sw.

I really thought the exercise would help but for my weight loss it isn't and I am gutted I stayed the same tonight, especially as I have tried so hard to get 2-3lbs off this week and even avoided 2 buffets! My weight loss is just too slow, especially as I also have about 8 stone to lose.

Just reading some of the posts on this page, some of you guys have lost between 7-14lbs a month. How have you done this? Please can you share what kind of foods you eat to acheive such good weight losses?

I am feeling very de-motivated tonight!

Hii

To start with 11lbs is fantastic, dont think that its not. You are on your way to a slimmer you.

Make sure you eat lors of free and superfree food and always get your healthy extras in there. Dairy has been proven to speed up weight losses. Also, try and get alot of superspeed foods in your diet.

Everyone loses it at different rates and I am sure you will do fantastic. Stick to the plan it really works.

Have a look at food diarys and i would advise that you start one yourself, so we can see what your daily food intake looks like.

Its fantastic that you are doing so much exercise.

Just remember that your ody will need to adjust to the healthier way of eating.

Good Luck

Lisa

xx

I started off with nine stone to lose, and still have eight to go. In 7 weeks, I've lost 14lb, which is a steady 2lb average a week.
Sure I'd love to step on the scales next week and find I've lost half a stone, but then I get to thinking... how long will it take for my body to catch up to that half stone?
By losing at a steady pace of 1-2lb a week, you significantly reduce the chances of having a "skin suit" at the end, especially since you, like me, have so much to lose.

You're doing fantastic. The exercise won't actually speed up your weight loss - it doesn't for me - but it will make you fitter, and helps that skin tighten up too, so don't give that up.

Baby steps. You'll get there! WE'LL get there! x

I am on my 8th week of SW, and so far have lost just 11lbs. Whilst I am quite pleased, I have stuck within my syns allowance each day and go swimming for 40 minutes every day, something I never did before joining sw.

I really thought the exercise would help but for my weight loss it isn't and I am gutted I stayed the same tonight, especially as I have tried so hard to get 2-3lbs off this week and even avoided 2 buffets! My weight loss is just too slow, especially as I also have about 8 stone to lose.

Just reading some of the posts on this page, some of you guys have lost between 7-14lbs a month. How have you done this? Please can you share what kind of foods you eat to acheive such good weight losses?

I am feeling very de-motivated tonight!

I know how you feel i lost 5lb wk one, then STS, then 3lbs then 3 wks of STS despite exercising (Zumba & Netball) & being 100% good. This week i lost 2lb but the main thing is you can tell i've lost weight, even if the scales dont show it.

I was told i poss wasn't eating enough (esp if exercising lots) so i upt my syns from 4 a day to 10 and done red & green days instead of EE and that seems to have worked. So maybe try the same.
Just hang on it there -
someone said at the meeting "loosing weight with SW is a journey not a destination"

For me beans do wonders! Also, I try to have whole grain carbs, like wholemeal pasta and brown rice. Seems to work for me. And ditto the eating enough comment. I do green days and have my best losses when I have all my healthy extras and 15 syns per day. If you're one of those people that tries to limit syns and portions, this doesn't necessarily speed up weight loss. It can cause your body to start trying to hang on to the calories and slow losses.

Do you have a food diary people could look at?

My weight loss has been annoyingly slow while i have been doing EE so I have decided to mix things up and i feel that this is really going to help. I like red and green days because i feel like i have to think throughout the day more rather than with EE i could just eat and eat. All i can say is keep going. While we are loosing slowly we are not gaining xxx

I have done SW a few times now - and have had good and bad weeks, some weeks better than they should be and some weeks worse than they should be. Spent some time thinking about what causes it - and I think the answer is red wine.
I am not saying this will work for everyone, but whenever I use my syns for red wine, I lose more weight. Looked it up on the internet, and there seems to be scientific fact that red wine contains resveratrol which can help your body burn fat faster!
This made me happy :D

Beer does not work for me. I know if I have any beer at all I just bloat up. Unless of course it was a few pints washed down with a bottle or red wine ;)

I have done SW a few times now - and have had good and bad weeks, some weeks better than they should be and some weeks worse than they should be. Spent some time thinking about what causes it - and I think the answer is red wine.
I am not saying this will work for everyone, but whenever I use my syns for red wine, I lose more weight. Looked it up on the internet, and there seems to be scientific fact that red wine contains resveratrol which can help your body burn fat faster!
This made me happy :D

Given that I had a cheeky large glass of red last night, this pleases me :D

Haha i have a few over my recommended units on a weekend!! I always sts or lose too xx

to get a boost I move on from ee to red and green days. doing ee the last few weeks I've STS and so did r & g and got a 4lb loss so that really gave my loss a boost!! I'm doing it again this week hoping for another boost! Maybe you could give it a go?! I'm just following the one out of the new xmas mag!! You're loss is amazing keep up the good work xx

I don't really know if I can help as I have only done red and green but I find eating a small amount every few hours and lots of superfree and water helps

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Think it's helped me I've mainly stuck to no more than 7-8 syns eaten loads of superfree / speed and varied what I eat . Think also having 5 kids to look after has helped as I'm busy a lot of the time ;) I've never had a day of plan or flexi day

Back