What do you go for when eating out?

Flippy

Sorry if there's a thread like this already, had a look but couldn't find one...

I hate eating out on SW, I'm so keen to stick to the plan and I hate not knowing what's gone into my food or having to count things high in syns that I could have made for free at home.

So when I have to eat out I always opt for jacket potato, beans and cheese with no butter as I know exactly what that is on the plan.

Just wondering what other people go for as I'm getting a bit bored of jacket potato...

Oh, the other think I try and do is find a Wetherspoons so I can have the five bean chilli or noodles. Other restaurant chains seem to have really high syn values and with independent places it's hard to figure out what the syn values are.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,I'm a wimp,I've been on plan 12 weeks and wimped put of a meal out for Mr's Birthday!
Not that we ate out before,only special occasions. But I'm like you, I don't want to go off plan at all. I don't want to eat chicken salad or jacket potato which I have at home.

I dint mind saving my syns through the week,but I still STS after birthday celebrations doing that.

I would probably ask if a mixed grill could be grilled and tweaked if I went out. Or chose a fish dish. X

Hi
Hubby and I are going out for our first meal out since starting SW and have opted for a steak house. I think it's a good choice as on extra easy you can have steak, jacket potato (no butter of course) and salad. I will ask for no dressing and take some with me. We have also saved some syns for red wine too ;-)
Otherwise, Chinese and Indian could be ok if choosing carefully (lots of threads on here) and even Italian if you can resist the pizza!
X

I eat out pretty much once a week. It's easy to eat out on SW it's all about making the right choice and then compensating like a normal person would.

I figure that when i've reached target i'm going to be going out for meals so why would I cut that out of my life and be terrified of eating out? Just seems a little silly to me.

Italian is always good, go for tomato bases. Chinese - anything that looks radioactive is banned.
Grills, steakhouses, harvester ideas are perfect.

In fact you can pretty much food optimise whereever you go, you just have to be sensible and sometimes you can't do it for 15 syns so you have to take that into account and compensate for the rest of the week.

xx

The problem is we eat out so little,as it's a mega treat,I know I would want delish wrong treat food, I have all the willpower at home,but just know sitting at the table I would order what I fancied.

I do eat Chinese at home from the chippy, I chose king prawn in spring onion and ginger 5 syns, fried rice 4 syns or boiled rice 0 syns. I love that meal so much! And I've always lost weigh still.

The problem is we eat out so little,as it's a mega treat,I know I would want delish wrong treat food, I have all the willpower at home,but just know sitting at the table I would order what I fancied.

I do eat Chinese at home from the chippy, I chose king prawn in spring onion and ginger 5 syns, fried rice 4 syns or boiled rice 0 syns. I love that meal so much! And I've always lost weigh still.

If eating out is an occasional treat, then enjoy it and don't worry about going off plan to much

tallsarah said:
If eating out is an occasional treat, then enjoy it and don't worry about going off plan to much

I plan to do this when I'm at target but stay on plan (with saved syns) until then x

tallsarah said:

I agree, if you deprive yourself too much you might fall off plan (like I have in the past!)
We eat out regularly and if I stopped that I know sw wouldn't work for me so we just make different choices. We now tend to go for chineses, carveries etc. and where before I would choose loads of roasties I'll now have 1 large one so I feel like I've not deprived myself

Just to add that I find carvers actually help our weighloss because we have loads of superfree without having to prep it all!!!

i go for an itailians usually or i search the menu for the best thing to have and trall the internet for syns when i get home
Lauren xX

Back