Cruise PP What do you have with a good steak or salmon?

I like a poached egg or cottage cheese with salmon, with my steak I like more steak :D

PP day favourite steak with peppercorn sauce made with pepper onion powder and beef stock cube with spoonful of xtra lite philly or salmon and prawns with chilli cheese sauce - poach salmon in veg stock then add prawns - remove and set aside, reduce stock till syrupy and add chilli and spoonful of xtra light philly - or quark if you prefer!! x

Gosh trudy... lovely!
Interesting idea to add a potato haaaaaa!

A dry fried egg for me with a steak... prawns with salmon. I can't abide shop bought frozen prawns though and always buy fresh (on offer), peel them myself, then freeze them! A totally different kettle of fish they are too! :D

I find it difficult to have just steak or salmon on their own. And somehow other protein just doesn't seem right. So....

Grilled tomato with steak, and mustard on a pp day, bns chips on a pv day, double yum! Or a minute or frying steak, cut into strips and fried with half an onion and a few mushrooms, splash of Marsala ( or sherry or brandy or white wine whatever to hand!) bit of stock all reduced into tasty sauce with a blob of low fat creme fraiche or fromage frais or quark to finish. Served with shirataki fettuccine ( holland and barrett now do this and its currently on bogoff offer) I'm thinking its beef stroganoff and a special treat

Salmon I very rarely have warm, except for lunch cold with a small salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato. I have a mustard salad dressing or Dukan mayo with it. Sometimes I have prawns or cottage cheese as an extra garnish if I'm v hungry.

Your peppercorn and chilli cheese sauces sound delicious Trudy, going to try them both as I'm sick of eating plain protein:D

PP day favourite steak with peppercorn sauce made with pepper onion powder and beef stock cube with spoonful of xtra lite philly or salmon and prawns with chilli cheese sauce - poach salmon in veg stock then add prawns - remove and set aside, reduce stock till syrupy and add chilli and spoonful of xtra light philly - or quark if you prefer!! x
That sounds AMAZING!! I am so gona try that when I get to the PP stage! x

Gosh trudy... lovely!
Interesting idea to add a potato haaaaaa!

A dry fried egg for me with a steak... prawns with salmon. I can't abide shop bought frozen prawns though and always buy fresh (on offer), peel them myself, then freeze them! A totally different kettle of fish they are too! :D

Not sure I could do that!! Do they taste completely different or is it just personal preference??x

I must admit I like fresh prawns as they are softer, but they are also double the price so have to go with frozen.

Salmon Oriental Fishcakes are one of my faves. (recipe online but can't remember where, google) Also a mustard/frai sauce. Dijon best.

Beef: vietnamese beef, sticky beef, with a runny fried egg, sometiems mix a bit of horseradish with from frai to make a dip.

Sticky beef is soy sauce/worc sauce/sweetner/tbs water....marinade and fry.
Vietnamese is in the book as LucLac beef i think.

Back