What do you intend to do to celebrate once you reach goal?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just wondering whether people have plans for what they're going to do when they hit their goal as a kind of celebration thing? I know exactly what I'm doing!

I went on a 'date' (hate that word!) with a guy recently which I thought went ok but I didn't really want to see him again, not like that. Anyway, as soon as I left, he posted some extremely nasty things about me on Facebook not realising that I could see them when I went to add him as a friend later that evening.

It was a horrible experience that knocked my confidence completely but it's also what pushed me back on track, so in a way I'm glad it happened I guess. Anyway, I happen to know where he'll be one night in March for his birthday and so my intention is, as by then I'll of course be looking fabulous, casually turn up with friends looking as fabulous as possible and I can just shrug him off if he even tries to talk to me lol It's definitely the thing I keep in mind when I'm struggling! I know that no chocolate, no cake, no second helping will taste as good as that will feel!

So what's your motivation/plan for celebration?

You can come along, the more to witness the moment he realises he's a twat the better! haha

Ha ha you go girl, knock him for six x

Yes, please do, and then tell us ALL about it :D

My plans for when I eventually reach my goal weight are to have a massive holiday (and mini round-the-world trip) and also dive head first into the career I want. I honestly feel in some of my past jobhunting that my weight has kept me back so with my redundancy (which was clearly a blessing in disguise) I've sort of 'checked out' of my old life to focus on the path to my new one.

I try not to reward my mini goals with food but sometimes a couple of squares of choccy mean the world after a hard week of healthy eating.

Hey Caroline, count me in. I want to be there to see his jaw drop when you walk in looking knock out!! What a t**t!!!

I haven't really thought about what I intend to celebrate. I hope I have more confidence as the weight drops off, but unfortunatley I think my lack of, is more deep rooted. We'll see. :)

Don't worry jo, I will!

Polly that sounds like a great idea! As much as I hate to say it, I agree that being 'fat' does affect getting a job I think. I've read before that recruiters consider fat people lazy and not as hard working as slim people, not true at all, in my case anyway! It's sad that society is like that but unfortunately, there's little we can do to change it.

Squeezy I'm with you on the confidence, don't think I'll suddenly be all fixed when the weight is off but not really sure how to work on that. I'm incapable of accepting a compliment! Drives people mad lol

That guy sounds like a right dick, you're much better off without. Can't wait to read your goal thread Caroline :) When I get to goal I'm gonna go out for a posh do in the poshest frock and HEELS hopefully - and maybe get some professional piccies.

What is wrong with men? Honestly. I'm sorry that happened to you. I had something similar once and I know that cold feeling down your spine...and the utter rage immediately afterwards!

The original plan for goal was a June trip to New York. This is now all up in the air, might happen in March, might not happen at all. I do definitely want to mark the occasion though. Like polly pepper, a lot of it is about getting my life back. I really want to learn to do something, like paragliding, or rock climbing, that I've been unable to do.

Isn't it an awful feeling when something like that happens. I was walking down the street minding my own business last year and all of a sudden some teenage boy drove past with his mates and yelled out the window to me 'get on a diet you fat c**t'

I just wanted to lock myself away and curl up in a ball.

Some people are just plain nasty and I think it's probably because they have got such sad little lives, they can only feel better by dragging others down.

Anyway Caroline, I really hope you make the little runt feel as pathetic as he truly is.

As for my celebration when I reach my target weight, I think it's going to be lots of new clothes and a total hair make over!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Makeover is a great idea! I'd love to go for one of those shopping experience things, let someone come up with a whole new look for me!

Caroline, what a complete a**e he sounds!!! I love your attitude though!!

I would love for someone to give me a new look. The only makeovers I have done are the ones where you tell them what you want to look like.

I'm thinking that would be a pretty good goal thing to have! So I might try start saving a bit now, even just a few pounds a week in a jar or something.

Caroline I love it! Don't get mad, get even - it's a perfect plan :eek:)

As for me, this is going to sound very self involved, but I have a friend who is a fantastic photographer and I want to do a proper photo shoot so that I can always remember what I've achieved.

Sounds like a great idea!

Back