What do you snack on?

Fruit
Veg sticks and home made salsa
fat free yoghurts
marinated chicken strips (home made)
treat size choc bars
multipack versions of skips, french fries, quavers or pombears (all between 4-5 syns)
velvet crunch 4 syns (I think!)
super free soup if I'm really starving
Hifi bars/cereal bars (hexb)
toast (hexb)
sugar free jelly
seafood sticks
free mini quiches (egg, cottage cheese, onion, mushrooms, peppers all mixed and cooked as little cakes or in a flan dish

Hope these are actually all okay as snacks as I'm no expert lol!!

Since starting SW, I rarely find I get hungry between meals now but on the rare occasions late morning, I reach for fruit or veg (superfree) to carry me through to lunch. .I save my syns for a treat (rather than snack) in the evenings.

I'm a celebrity is making me snack more. AS IF
( Iceland bites in the adverts!!)

It just nice to have something to blame so now I make sure I have crudités of SF eg carrots ,celery, peppers cucumber & cherry Toms
And dips of SYN free raitha, humus onion chutney salsa made enough for a couple of days finished 2night will have to make more for Wed even lol?

Fruit mostly, I always keep half a dozen boiled eggs in the fridge too. I keep my syns for my treats which are mostly crunchies or curly wurlys.

I often make up a bowl of cherry toms, cucumber, red onion and drizzle in balsamic vinegar.

Pickled eggs
Fruit salad topped with Mullerlight
Ham
Low syn crisps
Cockles in vinegar with some pepper
Babybel

hard boiled eggs are great for hunger pangs! And chicken/ham is always in the fridge too.
If I'm not really hungry but just peckish I try to talk myself out of it, have a glass of water or a piece of fruit or a yoghurt.
Mid afternoon is when I start feeling hungry... eggs are great!

I always try to go for protein. I find an apple is great because it really feels like your eating when you crunch your way through one BUT I'm always hungry again really quickly :( I try to much on proteins instead, chicken, ham,eggs, prawns, etc.

The ultimate SW snack for TV time is frozen grapes!! Looooove them.

Since starting SW i have rarely felt hungry in between meals which has been great although sometimes if i fancy something i try to stick to things like satsumas, melon, mullerlight yogurt, hifi bars etc.
I have bought myself some treat size chocolate bars too for when i need that choccy fix :)

I save my hexs for snacks so a hifi bar (or half of one) a slice of toast or some cheese. I like chedder on a cracker (1 1/2 syns) or mozzerella with superfree tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Phylidephia light or banana on the toast.

Also synned snacks of treat sized chocolate bars like penguins (but have to be in a good place to have multipacks of these in the house)

Fat free yogurt.

If I am not hungry but just wanting to put something in my mouth (must break this habit) then I go for celery and tomatoes.

Tend to only eat fruit with meals and for pudding as It doesn't fill me up and can add up to quite a few calories if you eat too much of it.

I'm another boiled egg fan and I love pickled gherkins (acquired taste probably!). I also like rolled up slices of Quorn deli "chicken".

Back