What do you wear as you loose!!!

Had to wear a suit the other day and it was the only thing Ihadn't tried on recently. I knew I'd worn it fairly recently and felt a bit porky in the trousers so just presumed they would fit me nicely. Well, the trousers fell down and because I was in a hurry I had to put a load of pins in the back to hold them on. They are meant to be hipsters but I had to wear them on my waist to stop them dragging on the floor - and then pin in about 8 inches. I was amazed. Good job it was chilly so I could put a coat over my suit but a bit of a shame too as I really like the suit.

Today I'm wearing some khaki jeans I haven't worn in ages and I look pretty good in them (even my thighs aren't bulging out the side of them for once). Hopefully these will be too big soon - I've got plenty of smaller jeans I've kept so will enjoy wearing them again as I lose weight.

Just a thought - all big clothes that you grow out of - how about contacting your local Domestic Violence Centre...those ladies that have fled DV usually leave with nothing and just the kids in tow - so clothes and bits and bobs are always welcomed....at the centres..Contact your local Council to find your nearest...drop off points are usually secret...but arrangements can be made

Another thing if you buy a skirt try to get it in bias cut so as you loos the weight the skirt moves with you and the length gets longer!!!

I can't wait till i can shop in Primark, the one in Manchester is mega. Until then I've been shopping on ebay and just getting some bargains in a wide range of sizes. I haven't spent more than a couple of quid on anything. Also yesterday I went to the local charity shop and bought a new monsoon long cardigan in size 18 and two new pairs of diesel jeals (approx a size 16) for The grand total of £10! Amazing, thats going to be one of my first stops from now on. I won't be able to get into the stuff that i bought yesterday for a little while but its nice knowing I have nice stuff to wear soon.

I'm sooo with the other girls! Primark is the way forward! And the feeling when you buy something a size smaller is just another reason to keep going!!
xxx

tried on a pair of victoria beckhams jeans today in the thrift shop where I volunteer..

There too big...... Gutted as there brand new,tagged and only £30 Boo hoo

Oh Sazzy 34, are they still in the shop ?, god I so want a pair of those jeans !!

I'm looking forward to getting some jeans on...up till now, I've never been built for jeans!!!

If there was a reason for Primark existing, I think this is it!!

Ditto!! My financial life saver!! I love buying the next size down and can do so with new stuff, at their prices!!

Ps Makes me laff when I see Primark stuff in charity shops, at prices dearer than they themselves sold it for!!

Just a thought - all big clothes that you grow out of - how about contacting your local Domestic Violence Centre...those ladies that have fled DV usually leave with nothing and just the kids in tow - so clothes and bits and bobs are always welcomed....at the centres..Contact your local Council to find your nearest...drop off points are usually secret...but arrangements can be made

What a great idea. I normally take them to Salvation Army Centres but last time I went I had to traipse across town as they had separated the collection centre for men from the one for women. A domestic violence centre sounds a great idea.

I'm not keen on just going to charity shops as some of the prices they charge are very high considering the stuff gets given to them and a lot of people who use them are people on low incomes and pensioners. Oh and one time I took piles of stuff and was asked if it was clean! As if I'd ever take dirty stuff in - I'd even bl**dy well ironed it! Made me feel that I looked like some really horrible person.

Back