What do you with your Laughing Cows?

LittleKitten

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I could have your thoughts on laughing cows? I'm back on the SW diet again and use the laughing cow lights as my hexa but I always end up just unwrapping them and eating them straight from the packet when I'm sure there must be something more interesting I can do with them.

I have, in the past, (occasionally) used them to make cheese stuffed meatballs with extra lean mince which are nice but a bit of a faff.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Use them as a substitute for butter when making sandwiches / toast, mash them into potatoes to make them "creamier", stuff a chicken breast with them and wrap in bacon, make melt in the middle burgers (similar to your meatballs), use them as the white / cheesy layer of lasagne...there are loads of uses for them!!

They are nice in a chicken breast wrapped in bacon....i like wrapping ham aroud them for a snack...they are nice in pasta n sauce to make them creamier...and I love them on toast....i always use them instead of butter in a sarnie...and nice in a jacket potato too :)

Didn't mean to look like I was repeating you we must have answered the same time lol

Use them as a substitute for butter when making sandwiches / toast, mash them into potatoes to make them "creamier", stuff a chicken breast with them and wrap in bacon, make melt in the middle burgers (similar to your meatballs), use them as the white / cheesy layer of lasagne...there are loads of uses for them!!

Thanks very much, lots of great ideas. I love a lasagne so that's a useful one although I imagine that being quite messy to make using cheese triangles! I might have a go at making myself a couple of mini individual lasagne's and using those as the white sauce!

Also liking the melt in the middle burgers - don't know why I didn't think of that considering I make the meatballs!

They are nice in a chicken breast wrapped in bacon....i like wrapping ham aroud them for a snack...they are nice in pasta n sauce to make them creamier...and I love them on toast....i always use them instead of butter in a sarnie...and nice in a jacket potato too :)

Wrapping ham round them sounds like a handy little snack for work!

You probably could float one on top like a cruton, but I tend to just dip them in and eat them with the soup, like you would bread and butter :)

To make the lasagne topping is dead easy! Just pop the triangle (or a couple of them) on top of the lasagne and spread it with a knife, not too messy really. I usually use Low Low cheese spread in a similar way :)

Back