what does everyone have for breakfast?

I am really struggling to make up my calories at the moment and I think my problem is Breakfast up until lunch! Just trying to get some ideas what to have. I struggle to eat in the mornings but I want to try and change that. I totally hate yogurts so I can't add them :)

i have 2 weetabix with hot water and add either a banana or dried fruit (apricots, prunes ect)
or have 2 slices of wholemeal toast with either ww jam, laughing cow extra light cheese or marmite no butter on toast though. Both work out to be 200 cals approx.

Oh really i have never tried weetabix with water I may give that a go! I was alsos thinking about Marmite. 200 cals is a good start for me because I am doing about 80-85 at the moment

Low fat bio yoghurt and fresh fruit most days (Doesn't help you though!). Occasionally I'll have a poached egg instead, fresh from our chickens.

I've never really liked eating breakfast, so it's an achievement I'm eating anything so early in the morning ;) I tend to follow it up with a Go Ahead bar or something similar mid-morning with a cuppa!

Tesco instant porridge at the mo. Not finding it filling enough tho so hopefully going to pick up some lower cal oatbran tomorrow and mix them together for a larger portion. Finished with some splenda and a strawberry. How continental!

30g puffed wheat with 30g dried fruit and 3 fl oz skimmed milk. Really delicious.
Or Asda vitality with summer berries and 4fl oz skimmed milk.
Or Rice crispies, they're fortified so you can be sure of getting enough iron. (sorry that was a bit of a cross thread LOL)

To just up your cals quickly an easily I'd say any healthy sort of cereal with semi skim milk and maybe a handful of raisins apricots cranberries banana or berries would do it! You could easily get up to the 300's with a drizzle of honey!! Mmmm hot shredded wheat fresh banana an honey!!

And I hate almost all yoghurts too! WW do fromage frais with fruit purée underneath which are a lot creamier and don't have that yoghurty tang!! And the new muller cheesecake ones are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*Michael* said:
Tesco instant porridge at the mo. Not finding it filling enough tho so hopefully going to pick up some lower cal oatbran tomorrow and mix them together for a larger portion. Finished with some splenda and a strawberry. How continental!

I'm wanting to try oatbran at the mo! I found a really simple dukan thing for oatbran biscuits that I'm hungering after lol breakfast I can eat in the car!!

I always have 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with sugar free peanut butter. 400casls low Hi and high protein so keeps me full until lunch

I'm swearing by the wee pots of Oat So Simple porridge at the mo. Not too big a portion, but very filling, especially when I drink plenty water throughout the morning, and really tasty. You could take one to work if you really can't face it firtst thing, as you just make it from the kettle :) Roughly 180-215 cals depending which flavour you choose .
hth
x

I have porridge with a bit of cinnamon. Lovely and very filling.

I have oats so simple porridge or occasionally a carefully measured portion of other cereal and find that keeps me full up to lunch if i drink lots of water. If i have a bit of extra time i will have scrambled egg whites on wholemeal toast, tasty and quite low calorie depending on the bread used.

I have a few breakfast options:
Dorset Cereals Porridge with Orange Blossom Honey and Skimmed milk (low GI option)
Fruit muesli with skimmed milk (also low GI)
Dorset Toffee Crunch cereal with skimmed milk (sugary XD and a bit of an indulgence - I have this on days when I have a high burn at the gym or just want to treat myself)
Yoghurt and banana (when in a real rush and have to eat it at work)

Porridge made with water + a sweetner finished off with a splash of semi skimmed milk and chopped banana or peach slices in juice. Yum yum :)

Fattack said:
I have a few breakfast options:
Dorset Cereals Porridge with Orange Blossom Honey and Skimmed milk (low GI option)
Fruit muesli with skimmed milk (also low GI)
Dorset Toffee Crunch cereal with skimmed milk (sugary XD and a bit of an indulgence - I have this on days when I have a high burn at the gym or just want to treat myself)
Yoghurt and banana (when in a real rush and have to eat it at work)

Ooh we have orange blossom honey at home it's sooo yummy!! A little goes a long way too :)

Sooo many ideas! Thank you everyone! This morning I had weetabix but I'm going shopping this evening and Im going to get a few things to try! I'm quite excited! :)

Two slices wholemeal toast and two soft poached eggs. Approx 250-350 kcals (depending on bread size) and really filling, good mix of protein and carbs.

Oatso simple made with skim milk (approx 200 cals). I can't get through the day without it.

Ooh we have orange blossom honey at home it's sooo yummy!! A little goes a long way too :)

Definitely! Floral honeys are also low GI and release sugar slower into the bloodstream so they're better for you :)

Back