what does everyone have for breakfast?

I think the trick is to eat something as well as the cereal/porridge! I get up at 6 so breakfast really needs to last! Plus I can't eat porridge every day I'd go mental lol I like dried fruit an seeds in mine or sliced banana. Or I'll have half a grapefruit on the side lol or some scrambled egg.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I know what you mean, it feels much easier when you've got that full feeling. I've been thinking of swapping strawberries for apple in mine. Maybe adding in a dash of psyllium husk or wheat/soya bran too.

Actually, there's a question -

Does anyone use psyllium husk/soya bran to help fill you up?

did someone say wotsits?

mmmmmmmmmmmm wotsits mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I might if I knew what pysilly wotsit was :)

Brace yourself! It's a zero calorie fibre supplement. I've read around here that lots use it as a way of 'staying regular'... but I've also read others saying that it helps fill you up. Not taken it myself, though I do like soya bran.

Hope that hasn't put you off your breakfast!

After today's disasterness I'm not going to be ALLOWED breakfast tomorrow unless it's zero calorie fibre lol

When I have time in the mornings before college, if I have an overripe banana, or peach, or even strawberries, I gently toast a slice of granary bread, and then mash the fruit over it until it becomes a spread consistency, then I sprinkle over some brown sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg and pop it under the grill on gentle for about 3 minutes!
I find this works best with bananas and peaches, with an average banana and a teaspoon of brown sugar it works out at about 200 calories, I have this alongside a small bowl of cereal at around 110 calories, and that's my brekky!
This with peaches is an absolute delight, but lower in calories. Anyway, it keeps me full and is healthy and delicious! I bet it would work with any other soft fruit you had hanging around, but I haven't tried anything else.

I have oats so simple - but i need to add more i think as i had it this morning at 7.30 and by 10.30 i was hungry. I am starving just now

I had my usual portion of porridge this morning but also cut up an apple and mixed it in. Maybe it was just the novelty of having it for the first time but it seemed to keep me going more than just porridge and berries last wk - felt fuller, longer.

Also have a couple tspn of splenda too.

for breakfast i felt like low fat yoghurt with added blueberries and then a pot of pineapple chunks yum and only 174 calories, filling too.

Haha not at all! Probably the smartest idea I've heard all week!

Do you find that the recommended 30g serving (on the back of my packet anyway) is not enough either??

Yup I find that too, I usually have 40-50g worth, 30g is next to nothing!

Yeah I know what you mean, it feels much easier when you've got that full feeling. I've been thinking of swapping strawberries for apple in mine. Maybe adding in a dash of psyllium husk or wheat/soya bran too.

Actually, there's a question -

Does anyone use psyllium husk/soya bran to help fill you up?

I have but to be honest I didn't like them!

Back